This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] VSGAN models produce green frames, and more
Hi there!

Been using Hybrid for a while now, but after the latest update(s) I'm running into issues. Everything installs okay (including VapoursynthR68_torch_2024.06.15, vsgan_models_2023.07.10, vs-mlrt_2024.06.15, onnx_models_2023.12.05), but e.g. Resize > VSGAN > ... all models create just green frames, or BasicVSR++ doesn't work at all. This used to not be an issue on my computer.

Plus, a cosmetic thing: the text field for choosing Resize>VSGAN or Resize>VSMLRT models is way too long now, so I have to scroll far to get the button for selecting a model.  Wink

And, lastly, when checking Config > Internals > Warnings > Overwrite / Overwrite/Delete, I do get the warning if the file already exists, but I think there should maybe be a button in that popup to cancel/abort?

Either way - thanks for this great tool. : )

Using Version 2024.06.16.1 on Windows 11 with an Nvidia GTX 1650 4GB mobile GPU on a Dell XPS laptop.
Quote: Plus, a cosmetic thing: the text field for choosing Resize>VSGAN or Resize>VSMLRT models is way too long now, so I have to scroll far to get the button for selecting a model.
Will be fixed in the next release. (I noticed that too, a few days ago. Smile)

About the problems:
a. I'm even surprised that VSLMRT&Co worked at all with 4GB VRAM. Smile
b. make sure to uninstall Hybrid (check that old install folder is deleted) before installing Hybrid; also try clearing any old temp files. (depending on the version you used before, the old machine learning temp files could cause a problem)

Quote: And, lastly, when checking Config > Internals > Warnings > Overwrite / Overwrite/Delete, I do get the warning if the file already exists, but I think there should maybe be a button in that popup to cancel/abort?
One of the places this could occur is when adding a job, there a warning should be fine, unless you create&start the job directly.
=> What warning do you get where? (so I know at what place to look)

Also check the Vapoursynth Preview. Does it work, or show an error?

Cu Selur
Selur Wrote:a. I'm even surprised that VSLMRT&Co worked at all with 4GB VRAM. Smile

So, maybe because of new software/model versions the compatibility to my GPU/VRAM might be reduced? Could that be it?

Quote:b. make sure to uninstall Hybrid (check that old install folder is deleted) before installing Hybrid; also try clearing any old temp files. (depending on the version you used before, the old machine learning temp files could cause a problem)

I reinstalled this new Hybrid version a bunch of times already, because of these issues I'm having. I also always made sure to delete the Vapoursynth folder before extracting the content of the four 7z archives. I also checked for anything "hybrid" or "vapoursynth" in AppData>Local/LocalLow/Roaming and Program Files / ProgramData / Program Files (x86) - including the "Common Files" folders. I don't think I ever found anything. Do you have a list of (potential) folders that I should check for, and delete? Where would I find those machine learning temp files?

I reinstalled Hybrid again, and and now for the first time I used the standard location (c:\Program Files\Hybrid) - but the issue remains.

Quote:
Quote:And, lastly, when checking Config > Internals > Warnings > Overwrite / Overwrite/Delete, I do get the warning if the file already exists, but I think there should maybe be a button in that popup to cancel/abort?
One of the places this could occur is when adding a job, there a warning should be fine, unless you create&start the job directly.

I'll look into answering this after I've reinstalled Hybrid - see next. ; ))

Quote:Also check the Vapoursynth Preview. Does it work, or show an error?

I'd love to. Where would I find this? Thanks!

Matthias
Quote:So, maybe because of new software/model versions the compatibility to my GPU/VRAM might be reduced? Could that be it?
afaik. 1650 cards should still be supported.

About deleting files:
Normal uninstall and making sure the main folder is deleted should be enough.
(+ clearing the temp folder)

Quote:I'd love to. Where would I find this? Thanks!
(Filtering->Vapoursynth) Rolleyes lower right corner (if the icons are confusing to you, disabled them View->Icon/Text)

Cu Selur
Selur Wrote:Normal uninstall and making sure the main folder is deleted should be enough.
(+ clearing the temp folder)

Hey there. : ) I just did this, including (for the first time) deleting the content in Local/LocalLow>Temp first. Sadly, still the same issue.

Quote:
Quote:I'd love to. Where would I find this? Thanks!
(Filtering->Vapoursynth) Rolleyes lower right corner (if the icons are confusing to you, disabled them View->Icon/Text)

Hehe, I was somehow under the impression you were referring to a preview/beta version of Vapoursynth. 😝

Naturally I use the preview button all the time. If the video frame is green there, it'll also green in the exported file.

Cheers. : )
Also try whether it makes a difference whether you use 16bit or 32bit with the filtering.
Sometimes depending on the filtering it can make a difference.
Selur Wrote:Also try whether it makes a difference whether you use 16bit or 32bit with the filtering.
Sometimes depending on the filtering it can make a difference.

Hey thanks. I just tried unchecking 32bit (which was set by default), but green is green. ; )

Would you be able to provide again the last R65 Vapoursynth 7z file, and the associated VSGAN models 7z? Everything worked till then. 🤷‍♂️

Models didn't really change and shouldn't be an issue.
I'll upload the last R65 to my GoogleDrive,... so check there in ~70min.

Cu Selur
Last R65 is up.

Cu Selur
Selur Wrote:Last R65 is up.

Thank you. : )

So, with R65 BasicVSR++ works, Resizer > VSMLRT as well, but VSGAN still produces green frames. I reckon I am fine with this.

I was wondering if these issues might be related to my system, and not Hybrid/Vapoursynth. Would it make sense to try an older Hybrid version?

Selur Wrote:
Quote:And, lastly, when checking Config > Internals > Warnings > Overwrite / Overwrite/Delete, I do get the warning if the file already exists, but I think there should maybe be a button in that popup to cancel/abort?

I always use the "Add to queue and start queue" button to start a job. If I don't change the output name in Hybrid after a finished job, and transcode the same input video again by pressing the "Add to queue and start queue" button, I get a popup "Job-Warning: You are creating a job which will overwrite output C:\Users\Matthias\Desktop\Test.mov!", and there is only an "OK" button. At this point the only way to protect the previous transcoded video is to move it or rename it in Windows Explorer. Pressing "OK" in that popup will overwrite the file. I think in earlier versions Hybrid always generated a new name for the output when using "Output name generation"...?

Thanks!