This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

sRestore → "Linear" !
Helluh,

So, when i enable the linear checkbox under VP→Frame→Reduction→sRestore.  
Start the job/jobs (paralel processing = 2) , everything starts just fine, full speed (as good as it gets)..  But then after a certain percentage completion, like everything suddenly crawls to a halt !.. 
Everything stop responding every couple seconds !!  And i have noticed the gpu utilization dropped, while cpu goes a liltle bit up (not by much) !!

Now, when i redo the encode whit the Linear box unchecked, i don't have that behavior..  But then the encode fps speed is like cut in half, so i have to up the paralel jobs to have the same work done in the same amount of time overal as you would process just one media file using the crippled sRestore filter 🫤 !  

But i don't like to work like that.. 

So yeah, sRestore leaves much to be desired atm 🙄 !

EDIT:  ineteresting.. so during the process the utilisation of the cpu is lower than the GPU , naturaly (ESRgan 🤭)..  But then after a certain % completion, things start to change the other direction..  Higher cpu vs Lower GPU 🤔 !  Just did a sample run with only 2 media samples running simultaneously.  And one stopped processing for a brief moment, while the other kept going 🤔  ..  So, linear actually prioritizes encodes when doing multiple jobs at once .. but not from the start  Huh !

Just done 2 samples processed simultaneously , and by my calculations.. The total encode time equalls the time it would take to process 1 media file in normal circumstances? 
Wich is nice surprising outcome for me 😗👌

Just wish, hybrid didn't ch🤢ked on it after a certain progression during encode, so that realtime monitoring doesn't have to suffer ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.  

Ta Ta
TD
To give you an idea how hybrid behaves, i have attached an recorded example to this message .

You'll see, every few seconds all progression is halted for a brief time, and continue's.. Also, notice the fps drop after each altercation 😐 !

Have tested this on a full media file, and different full media files to exclude any corrupted media files.  

Again, interesting to note is that it doesn't do this on small 3-5 min samples 🤔.

Now, where have we seen this before 😏 ... ?  Seems, like every time i try to reproduce using small sample , everything is pixel perfect !  Hybrid seems to have an issue whit full lenght media files vs small samples , yet samples taken from those very same full length media files though 🤔 ...

Also, as i have mentioned, with linear unchecked, everything works fine = no proverbial hickups ..
But as i have mentioned aswell, at litterally half of the "speed" , wich is why iam using paralel job processing to compensate / make 100% or close to 100% use of my gpu/cpu ..

Ta Ta,
Sounds like sRestore 'linear' is behaving as expected, nothing I can do about it.
Afaik. there is no better sRestore for Vapoursynth, let me know if you find one.
(Someone would have to write a proper filter of sRestore for it to better work with multithreading.)

Cu Selur
(07.07.2024, 18:14)Selur Wrote: Sounds like sRestore 'linear' is behaving as expected, nothing I can do about it.
Afaik. there is no better sRestore for Vapoursynth, let me know if you find one.
(Someone would have to write a proper filter of sRestore for it to better work with multithreading.)

Cu Selur

HOwdy back at ya..

Although, i somehow expected an better solution/work around from my Rockstar Majesty 🫡 ..

Also, you didn't watched my trailer / sneak preview i have posted as attachement.. the kind misdemeanor behavior iam talking about , isn't what you think you would expect iam sure of..  my royal rockstar 😏

Ta Ta Ta
TD