This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Out of bounds memory error in VirtualDub2
Sorry, I have no clue about VirtualDub and the x264 vfw component it uses.
Seeing that the out-of-memory occurs in the vfw x264, adjusting the memory usage in for Avisynth seems like the wrong approach.
Things I would recommend trying:
  • use AVSMeter to seem whether Avisynths memory consumption is the problem. (assuming your input video is SD, I doubt it)
    If the memory issue stems from Avisynth, using a different source filter and other adjustments to the script might help.
  • try using VirtualDubs external encoder with x264s cli encoder instead of the vfw interface to see whether it is a general problem in x264 or just x264s vfw interface. If it's the vfw interface, either don't use it or contact the developer. Additionally, deactivating different ASM optimizations, assuming the vfw interface allows it, might help.

Since you mentioned Hybrid, if you can provide proper details ([INFO] Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..) and a source sample which allows reproducing the problem, I can look into that.

Cu Selur

Messages In This Thread
RE: Out of bounds memory error in VirtualDub2 - by Selur - 12.07.2024, 04:33