This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Hybrid closes when minimising screen
Sorry team, it's about time for another stupid/ obvious question from me.
Once I've started to process a job I try to minimise the GUI. Rather than dropping down to the task bar and continuing processing, Hybrid closes out completely.
I haven't been able to find anything obvious in the menus to prevent this happening. How do I overcome this? My OS is Windows 11.

Regards
Mike Mc.Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.
By default, on minimize, Hybrid should not close completely, but minimize to the system tray.
This is controlled by "Config->View->Design->Minimize to system tray".

Cu Selur
Thanks for that Selur.

I've checked the setting and made sure it is as you described. Restarting the PC as well as the software, I'm still having this issue. 
It makes ,me think it may be an issue with the OS on my PC, so I'll have a hunt through a couple of Win11 forums for a possible solution.

Regards
Mike mc.
It's not a general Windows 11 issues, since it works fine here.
While "Config->View->Design->Minimize to system tray" is enabled, minimizing Hybrid will minimize it to the system tray.
Disabling the option, and minimizing Hybrid, will minimize it to the taskbar.

Cu Selur
Thank you for that Selur. I had to refresh my memory on the difference between the task bar and system tray.
Sure enough, there it is in the system tray.

Regards
Mike Mc.
Thank you for that Selur. I had to refresh my memory on the difference between the task bar and system tray.
Sure enough, there it is in the system tray.

Regards
Mike Mc.
Happy you found it and the icon wasn't hidden somewhere.

Cu Selur
I thought I was going nuts too.

Selur, this is non-standard Windows behaviour and just makes the program harder to use.

I know it's your trainset but I do suggest you change the default behaviour to normal Windows and have "to the tray" as optional.

I assume you had a reason for the current behaviour but I can't see any point in making life more difficult/non-standard.

I'm trying to write a tute for Hybrid and this is an example of just another thing about it which increases complexity.
Sorry, but the default behavior is not going to change.
Users can change the setting and save it as their defaults.

Cu Selur
You know the old saying, "if you don't ask, the answer is always no!".

Smile