This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Encoding presets save color matrix
I made an x264 preset with many custom settings, which I use for SD and HD video.

The issue is that when I created this XML preset, the loaded video was BT.709 (because HD), but when I encoded several SD videos with this presets, I noticed color changes when I realized Hybrid completely ignored the input color matrix and instead applied the preset color matrix.

It's strange because input-related characteristics like resolution or fps are not saved in the XML preset, as it should be, but -colormatrix is saved inside it, which can messes encodings without us realizing.
In what order do you call what?
iirc- 'to input' atm. only reacts when the source changes, so if you first load the source, then load the configuration the 'to input'functionality is probably not triggered.
=> will try to look into it tomorrow.
(13.09.2024, 20:10)Selur Wrote: In what order do you call what?
iirc- 'to input' atm. only reacts when the source changes, so if you first load the source, then load the configuration the 'to input'functionality is probably not triggered.
=> will try to look into it tomorrow.

I load first the video, then apply the preset (which is a pretty logical order for everyone I guess). I think color matrix shouldn't be written in XML, it'd solve everything Smile

Thank you
If 'to input' was added in Hybrid and without it. it totally makes sense to save the color matrix&co.
=> I'll look into it tomorrow and will probably adjust Hybrid to re-trigger all the 'to input' options if they exist after a profile gets loaded.
Thinking about it, the problem might not be the that Hybrid doesn't try to adjust the values, but that I might have forgotten to remove the 'source_...' values from the models.
Got home, had a quick look at it and uploaded a new dev.
Let me know whether that version fixes the problem for you.
(and hopefully didn't create new problems)

Cu Selur

Ps.: going to bed now Smile n8
(13.09.2024, 23:33)Selur Wrote: Got home, had a quick look at it and uploaded a new dev.
Let me know whether that version fixes the problem for you.
(and hopefully didn't create new problems)

Cu Selur

Ps.: going to bed now Smile n8

It's fixed, even with the old xml preset, now the color matrix of the video is always retrieved. ThanksĀ  Smile