This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] video processing
first of all greetings, I am using hybrid because my system is low, but there is a very big problem that confuses me, before I opened the forum, I took exactly 30 renders, but I still could not decide.

How many bitrates should I give to my videos, I usually increase the video in the range of 20-30 to 60, I wonder how hybrid processes the video here, does it recreate the frames like optical flow or does it add on top of it, should I increase the bitrate when the fps increases in hybrid?

let's say my video is like this: original video 1920*1080 20000 bitrate 23,98 fps

Here are the renderings I got:
1: 1920*1080 9000 bitrate 60 fps
2: 1920*1080 20000 bitrate 60 fps (original bitrate)
3: 1920*1080 40000 bitrate 60 fps(2x bitrate)
I would recommend to use crf instead of bitrate.
I don't know exactly what crf is
It's a quality based method for 1pass encoding, similar to a fluctuating variable quantizer encode, where the quantizer is chosen to match an average loss.
Most modern H.264, H.265, AV-1 encoder offer this rate control method.
Since you didn't post anything about what format you are using, I assumed it must be a modern one.
Maybe https://www.coconut.co/articles/crf-vs-b...eo-quality gives a low level understanding of what crf is.

Cu Selur
As far as I understand, I will choose crf instead of bitrate in the hybrid program, since my English is not good, I cannot fully understand where I can find this option, if I am not going to engage, it would be better if you explain it with a visual.
You did not share any details of what format at you want to convert to, so there is no way I can help you with pictures.
Also, if your English isn't that good, reading any tool tips will be tricky.
If you don't really know much about video encoding, you might want to use an easier tool that is not meant for advanced users like Hybrid. StaxRip, Handbrake or similar tools might be more suited.

Cu Selur
No, I have information in formats, I apologize, I record in mp4 format, 1920*1080 resolution and 30 fps, but since my system is low, it usually records 20 and above, I hope these details are enough.
Sorry, but no.
You wrote that your original video had a resolution of 1920*1080 pixels, an average bit rate of 20000k/Bits and frame rate of 23.98 fps.
You also wrote that you 'record to mp4' (<- is that your input or it that the container you want the output to be in)
That does not say:
a. what video format (h.264, h.264, MPEG-4 ASP, AV-1,...) your input is.
b. what video format (h.264, h.264, MPEG-4 ASP, AV-1,...) you want to convert to.
Also, what hardware do you have? Are you planning to use a hardware a software encoder?
"my system is low" <- assuming you mean 'slow' or 'old', that does not say anything

Cu Selur
I record videos with Fast mpeg-4 codec, my video format is recorded as mp4, so I want to make my output as mp4, ie x264.

What I mean by my system is low, I mean the old system is almost one of the systems we call garbage, but it works for me. What I want to change in the video is to prevent fps tears and create a smoother video, I leave my system specs below in case I need them.

My processor: Intel® Core™ i3-3210 CPU @ 3.20GHz 3.20 GHz Ivy Bridge 22nm Technology
Ram: 8 gb ram specifications: Size: 8 GB (8192 MB) Frequency: 665.1 MHz (approximately 1333 MHz or 1600 MHz) Channels: Dual Channel CAS Latency: CL9
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
motherboard: INTEL Corporation H61 (SOCKET 0)
video card AMD Radeon HD 6570
"Fast mpeg-4 codec" okay, so MPEG 4 ASP, sadly that means no hardware decoding.
Sadly, your video card is also too old for hardware encoding.
Encoding x264 will be slow, even on fast presets, but it's probably the best choice.
To enable crf encoding in x264 simply set 'x264->Base->Encoding mode' to 'constant rate factor (1-pass)'. Big Grin
[Image: grafik.png]
I would suggest encoding a few shot clips to get a feel for what crf you want in terms of quality retention.
(folks usually use values between 16 and 25, seeing that you start with MPEG-4 ASP you probably will like something like 20-23)

Cu Selur