This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

hybrid 2024.09.29.1
Thanks for the great software and updates.
I am going to be installing this new updated software 2024.09.29.1 on the weekend.

Does it have any issue I need to worry about? 
One of the updates before had 2.dll files missing, with the last version I got the helper 1 error,
many other users got the same error too.

In the new updated version what is the best way to change colour matrix, say I have an RGB video file and the media info panel in hybrid is wrongly identifying it as YUV -YUY2 when it's RGB, can I change it in hybrid even if hybrid is identifying it has YUV 4:2:2 source input?

Hybrid sees lossless SD as REC601 when it should be BT709 I think?, can we change this in settings without it having any negative effects on the video?

If a video is uploaded to YouTube using Hybrid,YouTube statistics for nerds options always shows as colorspace unknown, maybe its because of the BT709 and REC601 mix up?

When using other software in HD quality YouTube always shows colorspace BT709 in the nerds colorspace section and it never says unknown.
Please, read the 'Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..'-sticky before you post about a problem.
Quote:Does it have any issue I need to worry about?
I hope not, anything I fixed after a release is mentioned on the changelog page.

Quote:One of the updates before had 2.dll files missing, with the last version I got the helper 1 error,
many other users got the same error too.
Afaik. anything that was reported and that I could reproduce was fixed.

Quote:In the new updated version what is the best way to change colour matrix, say I have an RGB video file and the media info panel in hybrid is wrongly identifying it as YUV -YUY2 when it's RGB, can I change it in hybrid even if hybrid is identifying it has YUV 4:2:2 source input?
No, in my book, something is broken in this case. (there are workarounds, but nothing really that is meant to overwrite the source color space)
Properly report it and if it's a bug in Hybrid and not a bug in another tool or a broken source I will try to fix it.

Quote: Hybrid sees lossless SD as REC601 when it should be BT709 I think?, can we change this in settings without it having any negative effects on the video?
This has nothing to do with lossless, but the format you used.
(Note that RGB content has not color matrix, if you specify a color matrix for rgb input it's the color matrix Hybrid will use when it needs to convert your content to YUV and back.)
You can overwrite the input color matrix under "Filtering->Misc->Overwrite Input->Overwrite input color matrix".

Quote: If a video is uploaded to YouTube using Hybrid,YouTube statistics for nerds options always shows as colorspace unknown, maybe its because of the BT709 and REC601 mix up?
Can't say anything about what YouTube shows somewhere an why.
You can look at the output of Hybrid with MediaInfo, FFmpeg and other tools to see what signaling the output contains.

Quote:When using other software in HD quality YouTube always shows colorspace BT709 in the nerds colorspace section and it never says unknown.
If other software works better for you, use it instead of Hybrid.
Color space BT709 makes no sense that is a color matrix for YUV<>RGB conversions, not a color space like YUVXXX, RGBXX,

Cu Selur
---- Quote removed by Selur, quoting the whole post does not make any sense. ---
First good thing in the new version
No more warning saying not enough disc space available. No more helper1 error on Avisynth but I have not added any de-noise option yet, I just did a quick test on a 5 min clip, it encoded just fine.

The colorspace and matrix issue is a vegas thing if I color correct re-encode in Vegas it re-encodes studio RGB it's what Vegas does it's not a fault in hybrid.

I just wanted to see if Hybrid could change that?
I will try the Filtering->Misc->Overwrite Input->Overwrite input color matrix".

One thing that is not in this version the option to change field order of the input source 1, 0 as source -1, this option is needed because lossless codecs do not flag correctly. I can't find this option maybe it has moved.

The option of Avisynth 32 bit or 64bit, it's not showing what version I have working on hybrid

The other input scan type option has moved to the left
Override input scan type to
Quote: One thing that is not in this version the option to change field order of the input source 1, 0 as source -1, this option is needed because lossless codecs do not flag correctly. I can't find this option maybe it has moved.
Use 'Overwrite input scan type to', this is how one should let Hybrid know about the scan type if the source is not properly flagged.

Quote:The option of Avisynth 32 bit or 64bit, it's not showing what version I have working on hybrid
Hybrid by default does not come with 32bit Avisynth anymore, only 64bit is used now..
If you need it, you need to use the corresponding add-on.

Quote:The other input scan type option has moved to the left
Override input scan type to
Correct.

Cu Selur
Where is the field order option with numbers in the de-interlace tab? I hope it hasn't been removed?

1 for upper field, 0 for same as source 2 for lower field ? I couldn't find it in the new version?

This was useful if the field order was wrong on source, it could be changed on the numbers and override input scan type to upperfield - lowerfield
Progressive scan

Lagrith lossless codec always shows as progressive, because of flagging issue and Huffyuv always uses as bottom filed first.
Option got removed, the overwrite, don't see anything the overwrite option does not.
(06.10.2024, 04:22)Selur Wrote: Option got removed, the overwrite, don't see anything the overwrite option does not.

That option was needed.
Why was it removed?
That option was to set the field order
The other option is to override field order, if flagged wrong, this is the case for both the codecs I use
Lagrith lossless codec always shows progressive scan and Huffyuv always uses bottom field first.

Why does media info wrongly identify scan type?
What's the point if it can't get it right?
I'm not sure what it does with other lossless codecs but lags and Huff are the most popular codecs used for capture.
Quote:That option was needed.
Why was it removed?
The 'overwrite scan type' option does the same.
No functionality got lost. 'overwrite scan type' is basically a generalized version of the old selection you seem to miss.

Quote: Why does media info wrongly identify scan type?
The problem is not with MediaInfo, but with the source format.
Neither Huffyuv nor Lagarith have scan type flags.
Huffyuv either is 'interlaced' or 'progressive', it has no info about whether the source is tff, bff, field shifted, telecine,...
Lagarith has not even a flag to report whether the source is interlaced or progressive.
From what I see there isn't anything MediaInfo can do, since the info is not there.

So Hybrid for Lagarith, Hybrid always assumes progressive and for Huffyuv is assumes bff.

Quote: I'm not sure what it does with other lossless codecs but lags and Huff are the most popular codecs used for capture.
Then complain to the authors of those formats! It's neither MediaInfo nor Hybrids faults that those formats have not scan type info.

Cu Selur
I'm using hybrid today
I've changed the matrix
to BT709 from REC601.
I'm also using 5.1 profile, 4:2:2 chroma subsampling option because i've resized it.

I know it will not play in windows media player
I will just upload directly to YouTube and see if it plays on YouTube.

I can't get hybrid to show me before - after filter view, I think I don't have the option selected correctly?

I'm only getting 1 screen.
I can't find the option to activate filter view I'm just adding filters blindly.

Vaporsynth is working just fine for me the filters I need are loading and working just fine in the new version.

Does it matter that I'm using Vaporsynth and not Avisynth? I got the helper 1 error using Avisynth in previous version.

I'm using de-noise filter, resize filter and QTMGC de-interlace filter and hybrid is on encoded now, it's encoding as it should.
Try another source filter. Try disabling BestSource.
Share a debug output which contains the analysis of the source and the Vapoursynth Preview call.

Cu Selur