This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Hybrid won't open
Selur- Hyrid won't open. Was running the 10.16 version, tried installing the 10.19 version, same issue. When the 10.16 version tried to open, received an error message about something missing an XML file. Then wouldn't open every time I tried. Uninstalled everything and reinstalled everything, still won't open. Tried reinstalling 9.29 version. Same issue.
make a txt file

[General]
settingPath=.\\settings
runAsAdmin=true

file name as ..  " misc.ini "

path - C:\Program Files\Hybrid
Where do I do that?
Not knowing the actual error message, it sounds like an issue with an overzealous antivirus solution.
Does it work while your antivirus solution is disabled?

About the misc.ini:
Quote:misc.ini location:
The misc.ini either needs to be next to the binary (typical for Windows) or in a ".hybrid" folder inside your home directory (typical for Mac and Linux).

read: [INFO] *hidden* Hybrid options,...

Cu Selur
Neither disabling the antivirus or adding the misc.ini worked. Still having the same issue. Won't open.

Also didn't realize the debug output was still capturing info. Here's the last time I tried to open it. Not sure if there's anything you see in it.

https://pastebin.com/XwFsUwNU
Sadly, that DebugOutput does not show any problems.
You wrote:
Quote:Received an error message about something missing an XML file.
What does that error message say exactly?
Not sure whether you tried it, but when uninstalling Hybrid, try whether it makes a difference if you uninstall the settings too.

Had no problem installing and opening the dev version of Hybrid from yesterday (Hybrid_dev_2024.10.20-201359).

Cu Selur
I uninstalled everything, re-adde the add-ons/torch add-on, and everything opened right away. So it appears I am good for now! Thank you again for the help