This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Convert to 60fps
Here are possible ways to get it to 60fps.
  • Start Hybrid
  • Set 'Base->Processing->Audio' to 'passthrough all' since we want to keep the audio as it is.
  • Choose the encoder you want 'Base->Processing->Video' for simplicity I kept it set to 'x264'
  • Configure the encoder the way you want. (I just changed 'x264->Base->General Settings->Encoding mode' to 'constant rate factor (1-pass)', but depending on your resolution you might need to use a higher value than the default 4.1 under x264->Base->Restriction Settings->AVC Profile/Level.)
  • Set default folders (Config->Path->Default ...)
  • Enable 'Config->Internals->Handling->Ignore all input timecodes', so that Hybrid will ignore the time codes and not try to keep them for the output
  • Enable 'Base->Generate' so that Hybrid will automatically set the output name
  • Now there are multiple different ways to interpolate the frames.
    1. Without Avisynth and Vapoursynth, using FFmpeg
      • Now one can either set:
        • 'Filtering->Speed Change->Speed Settings->Interpolate frame rate' to '60fps', which will interpolate frames to archive the wanted frame rate, or
        • 'Filtering->Speed Change->Speed Settings->Scale output frame rate' to '60fps', which will insert duplicate frames to archive the wanted frame rate.
    2. Using Avisynth (make sure Filtering->Support is set to 'Avisynth'), don't try to convert 4k+ video with 32bit Avisynth.
      • Here one again has multiple options, all under 'Filtering->Avisynth->Frame->FPS adjust'. Depending on the source some times one or the other interpolation method offers the best results.
        • When using SalFPS3, your need to set 'Filtering->Avisynth->Frame->FPS adjust->SalFps3->Fps' to '60' and depending on your source your will want to tweak some of the other settings.
        • When using Interframe, your need to set 'Filtering->Avisynth->Frame->Interframe->Target frame rate' to '60', depending on your system you might also want to enable 'GPU' and depending on your preference you will likely want to set 'Tuning' and 'Override Algo.'
        • When using FrameRateConverter, there are tons of settings to play with, can't really recommend anything in general.
    3. Using Vapoursynth (make sure Filtering->Support is set to 'Vapoursynth')
      • Again there are multiple choices to archive 60fps, all under 'Filtering->Vapoursynth->Other->Frame Interpolation'
        • 'Interframe/SVP', basically the same as in Avisynth. Remember so set 'FPS' to '60'
        • 'MVToolsFPS', remember to set 'TargetFPS' to '60'
        • 'FrameRateConverter': same as for Avisynth
        • 'Rife' always doubles the frame rate
        • 'TorchRife' same as 'RIFE', but with more options (requires special torch addon for Hybrid)
  • Create a job for the current settings. (Base->Add to queue)
  • Start the job processing. (Jobs->Queue->Start)

Note that each of the methods has it's downsides and it's 'normal' to get artefacts when interpolating frames.

Cu Selur
Its possible to change FPS too multiple of 23,976 of movies, x2 or x3 ? Greatings   Huh

--
edit by Selur: removed quote
Sure, just replace wherever I used 60fps with the frame rate your need. The frame rate just needs to be larger than the input frame rate.
Some side notes:
a. when using Avisynth, using a way higher frame rate might cause problems depending on the filter due to RAM usage.
b. The higher the difference between original frame rate and target frame rate (in percent) are the more likely is it to get artifacts since the interpolation methods has to do more guessing.

Cu Selur
hi, im new to this stuff

so im using hybrid mainly to convert live stage performance / MV to 60fps

do you have any recommendation which method work better for live stage performance and MV?

thanks b4
Quote:do you have any recommendation which method work better for live stage performance and MV?
Sorry, not really.
I rarely have to interpolate the frame rate, I usually, try each method looks which shows the best basic result in the previews and then try to tweak the settings a bit. Smile

Cu Selur
(30.12.2018, 11:24)Selur Wrote:
Quote:do you have any recommendation which method work better for live stage performance and MV?
Sorry, not really.
I rarely have to interpolate the frame rate, I usually, try each method looks which shows the best basic result in the previews and then try to tweak the settings a bit. Smile

Cu Selur

whenever i tried to preview the filtered, the video will just play at X2 speed (for both filtered and original) and out of sync with the audio for most of video file(mkv and MP4, TS file play just fine) when 60fps setting enabled. so i check the changes, why is this happen?
Use the Avisynth or Vapoursynth preview, normal Preview isn't suited for frame interpolation, since mplayer doesn't support it.
(30.12.2018, 15:56)Selur Wrote: Use the Avisynth or Vapoursynth preview, normal Preview isn't suited for frame interpolation, since mplayer doesn't support it.

well, i did and the same, preview play with speed x2 instead normal speed
Hmm,.. there are the following options:
  • Filtering->Avisynth->Frame->FPS adjust (+ Avisynth Preview), or
  • Filtering->Vapoursynth->Other->Frame Interpolation ( + Vapoursynth Preview), or
  • Filtering->Speed Change->Speed Settings->Interpolate frame rate (in this case the preview will just play double speed and not show the effect, since MPlayer doesn't support interpolating frames)
Assuming you used either Avisynth or Vapoursynth for the frame interpolation, Avisynth/Vapoursynth Preview should work fine.
If it doesn't, create a debug output level 9 (read sticky) and I can look into it.

Cu Selur
(31.12.2018, 10:38)Selur Wrote: Hmm,.. there are the following options:
  • Filtering->Avisynth->Frame->FPS adjust (+ Avisynth Preview), or
  • Filtering->Vapoursynth->Other->Frame Interpolation ( + Vapoursynth Preview), or
  • Filtering->Speed Change->Speed Settings->Interpolate frame rate (in this case the preview will just play double speed and not show the effect, since MPlayer doesn't support interpolating frames)
Assuming you used either Avisynth or Vapoursynth for the frame interpolation, Avisynth/Vapoursynth Preview should work fine.
If it doesn't, create a debug output level 9 (read sticky) and I can look into it.

Cu Selur
[*]

here is the debug https://www.mediafire.com/file/y3egjnapj...t.txt/file
here is the video on what happen exactly https://www.mediafire.com/file/66e2ny2ut...1.mkv/file