This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

BasicVSR++
Dear Selur.
I have three GPUs - two TITAN RTX and one 4090RTX.
With version Hybrid_2023.03.17.1 and VapoursynthR61_torch_2023.03.12
BasicVSR++ runs in three threads. With version Hybrid_dev_2023.04.18-205712
no way.
Still even with 24GB RAM on the 4090 RTX, when filtering 4k content with BasicVSR++ you will run out of vram unless you use tiling. Smile
Does the Vapoursynth Preview show an error when you open it?
If it just closes, save the script to a file and see if you can open it without issues with vsViewer.
=> Simply complaining that is does not work will not allow me to figure out what the issue might be.

Cu Selur
Ah, just noticed current torch is 2023.04.16 Smile
-> will send the link

Cu Selur
Hello Selur,

your dev version is working perfectly. With this update using BasicVSR++ with the LinearMask (that allows to use weighted merge) transform BasicVSR++ in one of the best VSR filters available, especially with model NTIRE 2021 (2), which is more aggressive (so the mask is necessary) in introducing more details in the video.

Thanks,
Dan
Happy, it's working in the way you wanted it too.
Dear Selur.
Everything worked with VapoursynthR61_torch_2023.04.16.
Regarding LinearMask, I completely agree with Dan64-
additional filter adjustment appears.
Thank you.
As a "head's up": I'm going to remove the 'LinearMask' and replace it with a general 'Merge'-option.
http://www.vapoursynth.com/doc/functions...merge.html
LinearMask was a special case of Merge:
core.std.Merge(clipa=filteredClip, clipb=unfilteredClip, weight=[setWeight])
So, instead of enabling "Show 'Masked' -controls" you will have to enable "Show 'Merge'-controls" and set the weights of each plane to the weight you want.

Cu Selur
Hello Selur,

thanks for the update. It will be possible to automatically set all the planes to the same value ?
   Just for curiosity, did you see any advantage in assigning different values to the planes ?

Dan
Atm. I haven't planned to add additional io elements to set all values at the same time.
The general idea is to allow (not for just BasicVSR++) to allow to just for example use a specific plane, this basically adds to all filters the option to restrict them to specific planes.