This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Esxi running macos For selur
Okay, server turned of.
I'll turn it back on and try again. Smile

Cu Selur
(16.08.2020, 17:53)Selur Wrote: Okay, server turned of.
I'll turn it back on and try again. Smile

Cu Selur
Turned off?

hmm
Yup, now the installation did go further restarted the vm and does now copy files I guess,.. it says it will take another 15min,..

CU Selur
(16.08.2020, 18:06)Selur Wrote: Yup, now the installation did go further restarted the vm and does now copy files I guess,.. it says it will take another 15min,..

CU Selur
Sweeet

yes i think since high sierra or mojave the installer installs two seperate times with a restart in the middle
the first formats the drive apfs into two partitions one for the main hd the other for the restore drive. Then i think it installs files on restore partition and then restarts and installs to the main hd from restore partition. 

Dont quote me, but i do know that the install is separated by a restart
Okay, system shutdown again,... no clue what's happening.
Might be some hardware issue.
Angry
looking into it,..

Cu Selur
(16.08.2020, 18:12)Selur Wrote: Okay, system shutdown again,... no clue what's happening.
Might be some hardware issue.
Angry
looking into it,..

Cu Selur
Esxi shouldnt be shutting down

the vm may restart due to the installer wanting to restart the vm after it installs. But the esxi should stay on. 
unless you tell it to shut down

catalina is going to be a bit for upload, gofile is slow now.
Might be a heat issue, turned the case fans to a higher value and now the installations seems to progress further,... (atm. it reports 7min to finished,..)
My guess is the memory or memory was getting too hot. didn't find any indication for it in the system logs, but that's my best guess atm.
-> will think about a better cooling of the system in the future (5min to finish,..)

Cu Selur
(16.08.2020, 18:35)Selur Wrote: Might be a heat issue, turned the case fans to a higher value and now the installations seems to progress further,... (atm. it reports 7min to finished,..)
My guess is the memory or memory was getting too hot. didn't find any indication for it in the system logs, but that's my best guess atm.
-> will think about a better cooling of the system in the future (5min to finish,..)

Cu Selur
Fingers crossed
Okay, second restart,..
(16.08.2020, 18:42)Selur Wrote: Okay, second restart,..
Once installed we need to get vmtools installed

otherwise things dont work as well.

https://www.geekrar.com/install-vmware-t...ve-vmware/

I would also suggest installing teamviewer app on the vmware after vmtools. So you can remote in when you need to compile.
https://www.teamviewer.com/en-us/

And most likely You will need to download xcode. But i think you know that part.