This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[INFO] Want to help?
Since from time-to-time folks ask how they could help aside from donating.

Here are the first things that come to mind:
  • Help by improving the tool-tips.
    What is needed:
    1. a good grasp of the english language.
    2. knowledge about what tool-tips you want to improve and how you want to improve them.
    3. Qt Designer. (comes with either with a standard qt installation https://www.qt.io/download-qt-installer or with a standalone package for Windows or Mac https://build-system.fman.io/qt-designer-download)
    4. the current .ui file of the part of the gui, you want to improve. Simply send me a PM and I'll send you a link to the latest version.
  • So the general workflow should be:
    • install Qt Designer
    • get the latest .ui file
    • open the .ui file in the designer, navigate it, right click on the element where you want to change the tool-tip, adjust the tool-tip,... once everything is adjusted, save the file.
    • share the adjusted file with me.
      I'll then have a quick look at the changes and commit them to the source code.
  • Help by informing me of updates:
    If you notice that Hybrid uses some old tools which haven't been updated (and were available before the last public release), let me know. From time to time it happens that I miss a tool update, especially for stuff that I personally don't use. So simply write a PM or create a post about the old tool that could be updated.
  • Help by informing me of bugs:
    If you encounter something that looks like it's a bug in Hybrid or one of the tools that it uses let me know. Read the Infos needed to fix&reproduce bugs,..-sticky and post the bug report in a separate thread.

Cu Selur