Selur's Little Message Board

Full Version: Upgraded software: Vapoursynth and Avisynth tab missing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I downloaded version 2024.03.26.1 and installed it. My previous version was 2024.01.XX.X.

1. When loading, Hybrid error message (sometimes) states: "this application failed to start because no qt platform plugin could be initialized". But app then opens.

2. I add an AVI file as usual. But in Filtering tab, there is no sub-tab Vapoursynth (nor Avisynth). And the option to switch between Vapoursynth and Avisynth is grayed out at top right side of screen.

Screenshot:
https://imgur.com/a/30pSkZO
regarding 1.: see https://forum.selur.net/thread-3649.html
regarding 2.: that is as intended, since CropView disables most of the filtering. => Disable CropView to get the tabs.

Cu Selur
SOLVED: For future reference, this is to confirm that:

1. I followed the steps in the link, and copied the three files to the specified folder. There were already files of that name there but I said Yes to overwrite them. I have opened Hybrid a few times and don't see the same "qt platform plugin" error, so I think your solution solved it.

2. I unchecked the Crop/Resize--Crop View and it solved the problem.
(04.04.2024, 05:52)Selur Wrote: [ -> ]regarding 1.: see https://forum.selur.net/thread-3649.html
regarding 2.: that is as intended, since CropView disables most of the filtering. => Disable CropView to get the tabs.

Cu Selur

Sure it's intended to behave like that ?  

When disable & enable the crop feature again, filter stays PUT and won't go anywhere (disabled / missing !) 🤔
Just as it should be from the start ..

because i fail to see the logic in disabling the filter section just and because cropping is enabled anyway.  
Since the filters will be used in combo with the crop/resize values (whatever you enter) anyway during the job process 🤨

Also, the op didn't mentioned if that happend when loading a certain global profile, which is the case on my end ..!

ta ta
Yes, as sonn as CropView is enabled, the tabs will be removed.
When CropView gets disabled the tab which is selected should re-appear.

Quote:because i fail to see the logic in disabling the filter section just and because cropping is enabled anyway.
like I wrote "since CropView disables most of the filtering" the filtering tabs get removed.

Cu Selur
(12.04.2024, 13:33)Selur Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, as sonn as CropView is enabled, the tabs will be removed.
When CropView gets disabled the tab which is selected should re-appear.

Quote:because i fail to see the logic in disabling the filter section just and because cropping is enabled anyway. 
like I wrote "since CropView disables most of the filtering" the filtering tabs get removed.

Cu Selur

Oh you are actually refering to → "cropView" / preview window feature..

My bad, i thought you were talking about the "Picture Crop" at the  "crop/resize" pane that is causing the missing filter pane...  Angel

ta ta