This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] Crash at start 2021.12.12.1 (updated from 2021.07.18.1)
(28.12.2021, 18:12)Selur Wrote: Okay.
Will send you a link to a dev version which might fix the issue via pm in a few minutes.

Cu Selur

I downloaded the dev build but cant install. I'm having this problemĀ https://forum.selur.net/thread-2207.html

Edit: never mind, it is installing (I have unchecked the creation of the desktop shortcut). But still crash at startup
Okay and that is an unsolved issue where I have no clue what's causing it :/
-> no clue how I could help (I just installed and deinstalled the dev version without a problem here,.. RAM usage during installation never went over 1GB)
Huh

Cu Selur
(28.12.2021, 19:03)Selur Wrote: Okay and that is an unsolved issue where I have no clue what's causing it :/
-> no clue how I could help
Huh

Cu Selur

To me it is installed after 2-3 installer reopen and untick create desktop shortcut

About the crash startup problem I clicked the debug button of Windows' crash window and opened with Visual Studio 2019.
It says Unhandled exception in 0x00007FFCBF732D0E (Qt6Core.dll) in Hybrid.exe: 0xC0000005: access violation while reading path 0xFFFFFFFFFF.
So the new dev version still crashes for you on startup? (or did you do this with the release version?)
Debug button doesn't really help unless you got a debut build with debug symbols and all.

Cu Selur
(28.12.2021, 19:35)Selur Wrote: So the new dev version still crashes for you on startup? (or did you do this with the release version?)
Debug button doesn't really help unless you got a debut build with debug symbols and all.

Cu Selur

Yes, dev build have the same problem.
Strange, I started Hybrid (modified it to read the QSVEnc --check-features output the same as yours), set "QSVEnc->Base->Restrictions->Format" to "H.265" saved the defaults (Config->Defaults->Save 'All'), restarted Hybrid and got no crash here. :/
Then I closed Hybrid, replaced all files in the settings folder with the content of the files in your settings folder and started Hybrid again.
No crash either.
-> no clue how to reproduce the issue Sad

Cu Selur
(28.12.2021, 19:04)Werve Wrote:
(28.12.2021, 19:03)Selur Wrote: Okay and that is an unsolved issue where I have no clue what's causing it :/
-> no clue how I could help
Huh

Cu Selur

To me it is installed after 2-3 installer reopen and untick create desktop shortcut

About the crash startup problem I clicked the debug button of Windows' crash window and opened with Visual Studio 2019.
It says Unhandled exception in 0x00007FFCBF732D0E (Qt6Core.dll) in Hybrid.exe: 0xC0000005: access violation while reading path 0xFFFFFFFFFF.

(28.12.2021, 19:35)Selur Wrote: So the new dev version still crashes for you on startup? (or did you do this with the release version?)

Cu Selur

(28.12.2021, 20:08)Selur Wrote: Strange, I started Hybrid (modified it to read the QSVEnc --check-features output the same as yours), setĀ  "QSVEnc->Base->Restrictions->Format" to "H.265" saved the defaults (Config->Defaults->Save 'All'), restarted Hybrid and got no crash here. :/
Then I closed Hybrid, replaced all files in the settings folder with the content of the files in your settings folder and started Hybrid again.
No crash either.
-> no clue how to reproduce the issue Sad

Cu Selur

So, I found out that the installer hadn't actually replaced the files... so it was still the release version.
I disabled Kaspersky antivirus (maybe that was causing the out of memory problem) and reinstalled the dev version.
Now it works correctly open with the QSV h.265 file.
Thanks!

if I may ask in this thread, how can I pass as argument the path of the created file to the script indicated in Jobs -> On job finished call external ?
Quote:how can I pass as argument the path of the created file to the script indicated in Jobs -> On job finished call external ?
You can't. This option just calls whatever call you insert, there is no additional logic in it nor do I plan to add any.

Cu Selur
(28.12.2021, 21:15)Selur Wrote:
Quote:how can I pass as argument the path of the created file to the script indicated in Jobs -> On job finished call external ?
You can't. This option just calls whatever call you insert, there is no additional logic in it nor do I plan to add any.

Cu Selur

Okay. I'll try to work it out some other way.

Is it possible to copy all the tags from the input container to the output file?
In Config -> MKV tagging it seems to be possible but I have to add it to the list with different value first right?
If you enable "Config->MKV tagging->Extended MKV tagging->Auto load from input" Hybrid will passthrough all the tags it knows.
(see the selection under 'Tag name' for which tags it knows)
Any tags listed in "Config->MKV tagging->Extended MKV tagging" queue will be passed through to the output, assuming that output is an mkv file.

Cu Selur