This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

TS mux → crash .. again !?
(12.08.2023, 17:33)Selur Wrote: Argh,....
Okay, either this works or I classify the issue as "can't reproduce" and ignore it.
Since I don't have a hardware player and this can't reproduce the problem.

Cu Selur

C'mon selur, don't quit on me now... 
You are sOOOoo close, diz duck feels it  Tongue

Now, you alway's could install pdvd to get pretty much same results as you would have from an hardware player..

But i have an feeling you won't need pdvd anymore...

You want to replace that tsmuxer binary with the 2.6.15 one... in hybrid future releases.

Because you see, everything works like it supposed to work..   

The mux part & playback did work just fine  Wink   AND ABOVE ALL / anything else.. the PGS subs do play on all devices/software in sync with the A/V  Dodgy  

That's why i prefered TSmuxer instead of FFMpeg, and wanted this to work .. So i could automate an ton of FHD episode discs ... 
For some reason FFmpeg screws up PGS tracks while extracting / muxing  Dodgy !!

Also one issue remains to be unresolved selur.. → The audio bitrate for DD+ !!

You see, choosing 768Kbit/sec is accepted by my bdplayer and PDVD but not → 1500Kbit/sec for example wich is the bitrate from the DTS track coicidently  Dodgy

But with that small difference that 1500Kbit/sec for DD+ isn't compliant with BD standards from what i have read !  Only for DTS !
It appears although DD+ is support up to 6Mbit/sec... it only supports certain jumpst from between X Kbps to 6 Mbps !?!
Or is that nonsense?

Hence my plea for custom bitrate in hybrid selur  Confused

Tis my wish is to keep audio quality as close to the original while keeping max compatibility..  Big Grin

Soon, you can put this issue to bed   Angel

EDIT:   About the audio bitrate.. I have very large HD audio tracks i want to Recode to E-AC3 aswell.  
And from tests i ran, the bitrate from E-ac3 doesn't need to be near as high of that of the original tracks (DTS or DTS-HD) to have pretty much the same Output Sound Quality.
But i still like to have options, in case the player doesn't accept certain bitrates for some dumbfound reason!  

Cheers,
TD
... This is so ackward..

Bd player does playback and bitstream the at a specific bitrate re-encoded eac3 track, but not PDVD !?
But when i lower the bitrate, my bdplayer won't output the DD+ sound anymore !!

So my question, is the eac3 track wrong or pdvd and my bdplayer (→ specific bitrate !?)
This is something strange ! Huh   

cheers,
TD
Okay.
Then, since asking the support of the bdplayer doesn't seem to be an option, create a bunch of files with different bit rates and channel counts and test.
What PowerDVD version are you using?
What HDMI drivers are used?
What bdplayer are you using exactly?
What AVR are you using exactly?

Cu Selur
(14.08.2023, 12:20)Selur Wrote: Okay.
Then, since asking the support of the bdplayer doesn't seem to be an option, create a bunch of files with different bit rates and channel counts and test.
What PowerDVD version are you using?
What HDMI drivers are used?
What bdplayer are you using exactly?
What AVR are you using exactly?

Cu Selur

Been there done that already !

btb Asking sony for an strait answer, is like going nowhere fast !!
It probebly will boil down to answers that are way beside the issue like, Wrong / bad hdmi cable, the player is powered down etc...  
Answers fit for an 90 yo demented person  Dodgy

I've created like 30 samples ..

To start with the bitrate going from 112Kbps upt to 1820Kbps.  while keeping everything intact in filter tab i.e: sample rate / channels , and even disabled → DRC and GAIN feature by selecting Normalize audio .  Just for the sake of keeping everything as close to the original audio as possible ..

So far as for the different bitrates..

Then ive created an couple of samples, using different channels..  Going from Mono all the way up to 5.1 and custom ...

A. none of the samples produced sound on either PDVD 17, 19 and 22 ultra more recent one..!
B. My main display is connected via DP 1.4a cable (display port) and to receive audio, i ofcourse connect the HDMI to my AVR.  
Drivers are up to date from my RX6600 wich is 23.7.2 atm..

C. BDplayer is an Sony BDP-S4500
D. AVR atm is an Philips Soundbar 8505/10, currently in use untill i got my other AVR back from repairs, wich is an Denon AVR-X2600H.  the PSU went bad on that unit !!
And with the latter AVR i remember not having DD+ bitstreaming issue on both my PC & BDplayer... The newest soundbar might be the cullprit here ...   

But then again, according to the philips manual AND windows info i have read, the AVR is Capable of the follwoing audio formats DD+ , Atmos , Dolby TrueHD in every shape or form LoL.. i.e: Sample rates up to 192Khz , and up to 24-bit 

Also, i did updated the latest firmware from that soundbar aswell, so we can exclude that too since that too is up to date !!

Still, if iam recalling correct... My denon didn't have had any issues.. but i could be wrong... and confusing DD+ with DTS.. Since the denon is capable of bitstreaming both Dolby & DTS, whereas the philips soundbar only bitstreams Dolby formats !! Thats an FACT ..

Furthermore .. i have read on some forums, the use of dynamically DRC can cause certain bitrates not bitstream !!  
Is that true selur?  Hence , why i sort of disabled drc (greyed out) by enable Normalize...

Cheers,
TD

Update.... almost forgot the MOST important BIT of this issue..

Check this out , and this is interesting..!

Every single sample does infact bitstream fine on my BDplayer + AVR → Philips Soundbar.. BUT !

it supports only the samples with bitrates ranging from 96Kbps up to 960Kbps !!   
From bitrate 1.2Mbps and upwards = NO SOUND aswell !

Iam sure iam on to something → "BITRATE"  selur, that's why i asked to implement custom bitrate in hybrid ...
I have A strong Feeling , that PDVD is even more stricter when it comes down to SPECIFIC bitrates .. ! 

Like it's very possible it likes 1536 Kps but not 1500Kbps, is it possible !?!
But then again, for some ackward reason PDVD ditched every sample/bitrate ..

Yet, DVDfab player bitstreams fine on pc, Mpc-hc aswell... 
But Windvd Pro, didn't play nice too !! 

cheers,
TD

... just for the fun of it..  Dodgy

I have used some media files ripped from DVD source this time.

Again, i kept everything as close as possible to the original audio track (samplerate, → bitrate = 384Kbps, etc..)

Same thing happend, DD+ plays fine on bdplayer but not in pdvd...!

Oh well, iam very curious how things will unfold on my Denon AVR, once i get it back..  Idea

cheers,
TD
Use ffmpeg manually to if you want full bitrate control.
Also normally .eac3 streams (without ac3) are usually < 1000kBit/s since dd+ with ac3 in it normally is y 1.6Mbit/s (where 640kbit/s are used for the ac3 stream).

Cu Selur
(15.08.2023, 17:29)Selur Wrote: Use ffmpeg manually to if you want full bitrate control.
Also normally .eac3 streams (without ac3) are usually < 1000kBit/s since dd+ with ac3 in it normally is y 1.6Mbit/s (where 640kbit/s are used for the ac3 stream).

Cu Selur

Oh, i didn't knew DD+ could exist / be created whitout the core (AC3) in it !??
I thought DD+ always consists of an AC3 core , like TrueHD .. !

That ↑ too might explain while it bitstreams in one device but not the other !?

As for the bitrate, thats just it...!  DD+ should be supported up to 6Mbit/sec.. 
Or is the supported bitrate restricted by the amount of channels used too (5.1 vs 7.1) ? Could that be it  Huh

ffmpeg, is too much of an hasle to demux and remux selur..  

I have an ton of episodes i wanted to review, doing that manually is realy time consuming !
Not to mention, that it leaves more room for errors on my part !!  Doing everything by hand manually ..!

But i have played with → clever ffmpeg i asume you are talking off... and created some samples using different bitrates to see if it would work on any device now..

But it's the same outcome !! BDplayer yes (up to 960Kbps though) , pdvd no !

Cheers,
TD
Yes, support will be depended on the pair of bit rate and channel count.
(15.08.2023, 21:36)Selur Wrote: Yes, support will be depended on the pair of bit rate and channel count.

Thanks for the confirmation.

I wish you told me sooner  Dodgy ..

Then, it must be either that or the fact an DD+ must have an AC3 core for maximum compatibility to bitstream .. or both i guess..

Since, that dolby+ sample you know... Did infact play on all devices in all software... no issues... but then again, come to think i could extract the AC3 core from it ..  Dodgy

hmm..

EDIT:  just have double checked my suspicions about the ac3 core theory..  
And it seems pdvd indeed only wants to bitstream DD+ streams that consist of an AC3 core ... 
I think i have found the real problem Selur of the irratic / random playback issues regarding the audio ..   Blush !!

cheers,
TD
Update: 

Arrgh.. It seems the missing ac3 core in a DD+ track isn't causing this rare bitstream issue after all Dodgy Huh !!

Just took an Media file with DD+ track that perfectly bitstreamed in PDVD + AVR.. 
BUT , as soon i RECODED the EAC3 track into the "same" DD+/EAC3 track using the very same settings (bitrate wich wos 786Kbps.., samplerate etc..)  ...  

PDVD once again refused to output SOUND !!  

IT IS pretty MUCH obvious clear to me ,that THIS ↑ is an Audio Encode AND/OR mux thing going on here Dodgy Undecided !!! 
Maybe an demux/extract issue aswell, since the extracted DD+ track from that file should have the following extension .eac3, yet when extracted through hybrid its *.ac3  Dodgy !!

And to make things more puzzling... the .ac3 track is recognized as an DD+ stream in MediaInfo !?!?

cheers,
TD
Quote:Maybe an demux/extract issue aswell, since the extracted DD+ track from that file should have the following extension .eac3, yet when extracted through hybrid its *.ac3
Would need a sample to reproduce.

Cu Selur