This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] What noise is that?
No, afaik there is no Vapoursynth Version of that Project.
For completeness. I did mention it in the post, but for the last three, I also used CodeFormer and there is also a vs-mlrt addon. Tongue

Cu Selur
Ok download the file, use a lot of filter but i'm not good so never like the result  Cry Dont know where I wrong...got better and fast result with topaz... Confused
With removedirtmc can do someting good...but get a bit blurred... Confused
Maybe need to go to build a trap for mouse.. Dodgy
With machine learning filters, there isn't much to configure, and it often comes down to on what content the models were trained.
So if Topaz works faster and better for you, use that.
You might be able to get better results with Hybrid with enough knowledge and tweaking, but if tool xy does the job conveniently, there is nothing forcing you to stick with Hybrid.
=> I would say: use whatever works best for you Smile

Quote:With removedirtmc can do someting good...but get a bit blurred..
At least for the sample you shared, RemoveDirt seems like the wrong filter.

Cu Selur
Actually found this setting

mldegrain or mcdegrainsharp
knlmeanscl - yuv - gpu - strenght 2,20
finedehalo
finesharp or awarpsharp
resize realsr/srmd - gauss

Program is good, the problem is find a setting and maybe with others can be better, so its like going in the dark with a candle  Confused
Seems scunet removes detail for example from the skin...
I keep trying...
Quote:Seems scunet removes detail, for example from the skin...
Especially skin and fine details are hard to differentiate for any algorithm (I know of) compared to compression artifacts, noise, etc. Big Grin

It normally comes down to of how much time and effort you want to invest into it. Smile
Usually you end up with some compromise since no algorithm really mirrors your quality perception and really knows a difference what are details and what are unwanted noise. (<- this is even hard for humans Smile)

To add to the complexity, you can also:
  • add a filter multiple times with different settings in a different filter order,
  • apply a filter masked (only on portions of an image; Hybrid does come with some basic mask support),
  • apply a filter only of portions of the clip,
and then settings that might work fine or one might work bad for another source. Smile
Aside from Hybrid, you can also write your own scripts and filters and train custom models through machine learning.

=> Happy hunting/learning Smile

Cu Selur