This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Telecine Vatiations Problems, Fixes and Questions...
The thing is those artifacts don't looks like normal combing interlaced artifacts. They not related to source video itself, but seems somehow produced by tape media itself during duplication or recording process. They look like separate additional layer of artifact.

Maybe i am not deeply learned Vinverse but it gives me two "looks" depending of "Strength" setting:
Strength 2.7 -  comb interlace artifact is partially removed and image oversharpened and jagged edges.
Strength 0...0.5 - comb interlace artifact is fully removed, but everything is softened.

Also AA filter looks essential for animation. It helps to fix jagged lines that almost always appears in line animation due low amount of pixel resolution on DVDs.
DAA also slightly softens image, so it is not perfect.
Here is side by side test Vinverse vs DAA.
[Image: 1W1JNEL.jpg]
[Image: oahaMhh.jpg]
[Image: iLoriMc.jpg]
[Image: lQwUyW0.jpg]

Here is how my updated filters order look:
QTGMC Deinterlacer or TIVTC+QTGMC deteleciine
Color - Matrix Rec.601 to Rec.709
Color - Range Conversion (use only for video source that have incorrect levels)
DeBlock - QED
DeGrain - SMDegrain TR2 (helps to remove poorly compressed noise and film grain that looks more like mess of pixels. Useful for animation. Helps to make solid areas "like new")
AntiAliasing - DAA
DeRing - HQDering
DeHalo - (i prefer do not use it at all, because it adds too many "damage" to lines)
DeBand - GradFun3Mod
Resizer - NNEDI3 8x4 N128 N2
Sharpen - CAS 0.8 (sharpen applied after resize looks cleaner. Seems CAS strength is depends of resolution, to 0.8 applied at HD resolution produce same sharpness amount as 0.6 at SD resolution)
AddGrain - GrainFactory3 (This helps to emulate original grain structure, cleaned earlier by SMDegrain. It also helps to improve compression in solid color areas.)
Color - Tweak Chroma 0 (use for black and white films)

Messages In This Thread
RE: Telecine Vatiations Problems, Fixes and Questions... - by shijan - 21.08.2021, 17:04