This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[GUIDE] VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS
(20.08.2020, 08:34)shijan Wrote:
(20.08.2020, 08:27)Adamcarter Wrote: Check out the movie
It’s only 120 megs

I took a screen grab of the link and admin code 
See if you get errors too if you have time. No rush. Havent bought topaz yet.
Why not just copy/paste text? I don't want manually type that
because computer i have the file on doesnt have my password for this website lol

Https://gofile.io/d/mLLSYg

passcode FGSnA4HFBpVkP3d5Z3lX

not sure if thats a lower case L before the X at the end or a capital I
I see some pixelated and highly compressed m4v file to download and it don't require any password. Have no idea what to do with that crappy video file.
(20.08.2020, 09:10)shijan Wrote: I see some pixelated and highly compressed m4v file to download and it don't require any password. Have no idea what did you attempt to do with that crappy video file.
It’s the only digital recording of a tv show from the disney channel in the USA. Disney released the 1st season on dvd, but kept season 2 and 3 in their vault. So this is the best there is. Was going to run them through topaz ehnance ai.
but i need to deinterlace it. I ran it through qtgmc custom using lossless setting and frame match and it failed on all the different settings. Evenwith those settings off it failed. It also failed on turning the temporal smoothing to zero.

Just wanted to see if gtgmc failed for you?

i wanted to make a deinterlaced file as lossless as possible to give topaz enhance ai the most possible detail to work with, 

the topaz app is a miracle work. Can take ugly 360p video and damn near make it look awesome. Anything at this point would be a blessing.
i have 23 episodes i want to do for season 2 and 30 episodes for season 3
I still can't understand how can i check QTGMC Deinterlace with already deinterlaced and compressed example you shared, but i still suggest to wait for Hybrid 2020 version.
Problems could be due VS-51 as well. Try install R-50. Here is a serious problem report: Vapoursynth R51 now produces video aliasing output compared to R50 https://github.com/vapoursynth/vapoursynth/issues/625
I don't keep legacy Hybrid packages, but you can always download old original version of Hybrid 2017 and extract components manually from it and replace back in Hybrid.app (right-click -> show package contents)

Seems define stable and bugs-free version of Vapoursynth is a challenge Smile
Any software that goes beyond simple is bound to have bugs. Smile
-> bug-free is a pipe dream

Cu Selur
I can confirm aliasing problem in macOS VS-R51 running with Hybrid 2020. Aliasing is visible even with "Slow" preset.
R52-RC1 probably fixes that. Wink
Yep, seems already was fixed and closed https://github.com/vapoursynth/vapoursynth/issues/625
Shijan: thanks i was doing a season encode with new r51, and stopped it. Would have had no idea.

I think i will wait to continue until the 2020 catalina build is done, by then maybe the neoftt3dr and vapoursynth 52 will be out withaliasing fix.

Selur:truth! Thats why i like your approach, first bring hybrid up to 2020 working, then fix gui prettiness. Everything else will fall in line.

Selur: have you Heard of seen, or used vsgan (a vapoursynth version of esgan) a plugin that reportedly does AI upscaling? Meatwad says it is very unlikely this could be added to something like hybrid where prefs are made via drop down menus.

https://github.com/rlaPHOENiX/VSGAN

Update: i see you are aware of it, but seems to be not working in current state, so no hybrid implementation yet.

https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?p...ost1918158