This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[GUIDE] VapourSynth + QTGMC Deinterlace + Hybrid UI FAQ for macOS
AnimeIVTC was never really used by Hybrid.
It was just included in old Hybrid versions sinc QTGMC used a helper function it provided.

Ffmbc -> used for muxing to mov (can be disabled
Lsdvd -> used to analyse DVDs (only needed for DVD input, you can delete it if you don't need it)
Sox -> needed for audio processing

Cu Selur
I see that the windows version has anime4k. I know the plugin is mac compatible. Os there a way i can drop in a folder hybrid will recognize it? Does the code have to be compiled?
No Hybrid will not magically recognize some plugins.
Only way to use it would be to compile it properly and then customize the vapoursynth script using the Vapoursynth->Custom options.

Cu Selur
Thank you.
I see in hybrid autolevel. Will this fix a dvd series that appears very dark? Running it now.
Or is there a better way to autolevel, short of running the video through davinci resolve etc. 

Thanks
Hybrid has tons of option to change the luma and gamma values.
Their effect can be seen using the Avisynth, Vapoursynth or MPlayer Preview depending on the type of filter that is used.

Cu Selur
Well i don’t have avisynth filters just vapoursynth.

I have seen tutorials on How to white balance, with a histogram. I think i just want a filter that looks at each frame, and fixes the brightness and comtrast. 

Vsviewer doesnt work on mac hybrid anymore, so i’m left guessing until the rip is done.

I guess i could set everything to fast, and try various combos.
Just looking for something decent, but maybe a little bit less hands on, and more automatic.
You could always look at the Vapoursynth Script View, copy the script and look at it using VapourSynth Editor (https://bitbucket.org/l33tmeatwad/vapour...downloads/).
As far as I know there is no 'autolevel' or 'autowhite' filter or script for Vapoursynth.

Cu Selur
Yup that autolevels check on hybrid under filters worked great.

Last question

I am doing autocrop on a 4:3 tv show from the 80s NTSC
Do i want to do crop to DAR, or will it distort my aspect ratio?

Thanks
Crop to DAR should not cause aspect ratio distortions, but I never use it and if you are unsure of whether you want it, you probably don't want to use it either. Wink
Filtering->ProstProcessing->AutoLevels is applied by FFmpeg/Mencoder, good if it works fine for you input. Smile

Cu Selur
Hmm, will check out my next rip if it looks like crap, i will turn it off. 

I assume it takes my cropped inout and stretches it to the dvd max of 720x540. Which is still 4:3