This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Esxi running macos For selur
Quote:DotKill is loading but gives error in Hybrid. Here is info from Terminal.
I don't get your point at all.
In the VM I use DotKill works fine.
You said you updated your DotKill version and then things don't work anymore -> how is that Hybrids fault?

Also your error messages states:
Python exception: Plugin /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/vapoursynth/dotkill64.dylib already loaded (com.vapoursynth.dotkill) from /Library/Frameworks/VapourSynth.framework/lib/vapoursynth/dotkill64.dylib
the one from Hybrid states:
File "/Volumes/temp/Hybrid Temp/tempPreviewVapoursynthFile07_40_22_590.vpy", line 24, in <module>
clip = core.dotkill.DotKill(clip=clip)
File "src/cython/vapoursynth.pyx", line 1934, in vapoursynth.Plugin.__getattr__
AttributeError: There is no function named DotKill
Since you didn't care to look at the script ("/Volumes/temp/Hybrid Temp/tempPreviewVapoursynthFile07_40_22_590.vpy") and the line:
is the same that works for me on MacOS, Linux and Windows
and https://github.com/myrsloik/DotKill also states that this is correct I still say: This is not a Hybrid bug, but a problem of your setup.

Cu Selur
This is a simplified script from Hybrid to load filters from desktop instead of autoload. I load script directly to vsViewer:
import vapoursynth as vs

core = vs.get_core()
core.std.LoadPlugin('/Users/shph/Desktop/dotkill64.dylib')

clip = core.lsmas.LWLibavSource(source="/Users/shph/Desktop/Test Patterns Resolve 422 HQ.mov", format="YUV422P10", cache=0, prefer_hw=0)
clip = core.resize.Point(clip, matrix_in_s="709",range_s="limited")
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip, fpsnum=25, fpsden=1)
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=1)
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV444P8, range_s="limited")
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV422P10, range_s="limited")
clip.set_output()

It gives me error:
Failed to evaluate the script:
Python exception: There is no function named DotKill

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "src/cython/vapoursynth.pyx", line 2244, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript
  File "src/cython/vapoursynth.pyx", line 2245, in vapoursynth.vpy_evaluateScript
  File "/Users/shph/Desktop/simple test.vpy", line 11, in <module>
  File "src/cython/vapoursynth.pyx", line 1934, in vapoursynth.Plugin.__getattr__
AttributeError: There is no function named DotKill

Arrow l33tmeatwad explained that "DotKill R2 only has DotKillS, DotKillT, & DotKillZ https://github.com/myrsloik/DotKill "
Your setup always does auto loading there is no 'instead',... so that error is to be expected.
Arrow l33tmeatwad explained that "DotKill R2 only has DotKillS, DotKillT, & DotKillZ https://github.com/myrsloik/DotKill "
Okay, the problem is that the Hybrid does not support the new release candidate,..
-> so don't use the release candidate until Hybrid supports it. (not sure whether it will)
Ok. At least problem source is defined.

Thanks for fixed x264 checkboxes mess. Looks nice now!
[Image: Fz9f3DR.jpg]

If it helps here is some other suggestions:

Tabs naming unification:
x264 -> VUI (rename tab "VUI" to "Signaling")
ProRes -> (rename "VUI" to "Signaling")
Config -> MKV tagging (Maybe also rename to "MKV Signaling" or to "MKV Tagging/Signaling"?)

---

x264/x265/aomenc/ProRes/MKV Signaling preferences order and naming unification:

Luma Range: Limited (TV) / Full (PC)
Color Primaries:
Transfer Characteristics:
Matrix Coefficients:

Video Format:
Overscan:
Now, I'm really fed up with all the cosmetic changes suggestions while there isn't even a way to compile current mplayer&mencoder.
-> I'll stop the development of MacOS for this year.

May be I'll look into it next year.

Cu Selur
I just noticed that you fix x264 settings and thought that you start implement cosmetic changes. Sorry if i put too many requests too early Confused
Understood and i’m sorry. Thanks selur again for everything.. See you next year.
So is it all gone or Hybrid_mac_wip_20200904_1 be available for download as alpha(beta) version on website? Is it ok if i put Hybrid_20200904 in package with vapoursynth/plug-ins/scripts instead of Hybrid_180805?