This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Will Hybrid (x265 and QTGMC deinterlace) run on MacBook (Apple M1 CPU), please?
Question 
Can anybody check if Hybrid with x265 and QTGMC deinterlace will works on MacBook, or MacBook Pro, or Mac mini with Apple M1 CPU (MacOS 11 Big Sure), please? It may have better performance then my Rysen 5 3600 desktop with Windows 10. ? 

One DVD-Video movie thate etc 16-20 hours with this parameters:
x265 --pme --input - --output-depth 10 --y4m --profile main10 --qg-size 16 --me star --subme 7 --limit-modes --rect --amp --no-early-skip --tskip --bframes 8 --weightb --b-intra --ref 5 --rc-lookahead 80 --crf 18.00 --qpfile GENERATED_QP_FILE --limit-refs 3 --rd 6 --rdoq-level 2 --psy-rdoq 1.00 --aq-motion --aq-mode 3 --range limited --colormatrix unknown --pmode --preset slow --copy-pic --weightb --output OUTPUTFILE

QTGMC (Vapoursynth) - Slow, Bob, OpenCL

AAC (qaac) - Quality factor 127

I thank you very much for your answer, before.
I'd like to know that too.
a. Whether Hybrid runs at all (with Vapoursynth) using Rosetta 2.
b. How the performance is.

Cu Selur
(05.02.2021, 18:27)Selur Wrote: I'd like to know that too.
a. Whether Hybrid runs at all (with Vapoursynth) using Rosetta 2.
b. How the performance is.

Cu Selur

I don't have Mac, I would like to buy it. What I search, Python should work native on Apple M1 (via. Does Python work on Apple Silicon Macs? (isapplesiliconready.com)). Well, theoretically it should work. It is for me the most essential information, too.
Pyhton is a start, but no clue whether all the plugins Hybrid uses and the tools are arm/m1 compatible.
So for the time beeing your only hope on an m1 is using Hybrid through Rosetta 2 (if that works).

Cu Selur
The latest version of Hybrid works on all my M1 computers via Rosetta 2. There's a slight performance hit due to the translation but I haven't encountered any bugs. Works just like my Intel Mac.
Thanks a lot!
Good to know that it works via Rosetta 2 and that it's only a slight performance hit. Big Grin

Cu Selur