This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[GUIDE] Ubuntu repository - maintained by djcj
a. if you deleted the ~/.hybrid-bin/ folder you deleted Hybrid,..
-> removing it through:
apt-get remove --purge hybrid*
would probably be better.
b. what are you aiming for by wanting to delete the misc.ini file ? (also there doesn't have to be one)

Cu Selur
I was reffering to this from djcj's first post:

If Hybrid doesn't start after an update or if it doesn't recognize AviSynth when it should, you could try to delete the locally installed files (~/.hybrid-bin/ and ~/.hybrid/misc.ini) and let the starter script re-download everything.

to help with the crashing at start-up
Then try deinstalling Hybrid completely when delete the .hybrid folders
rm -rf ~/.hybrid*
and install it again.

Cu Selur
I removed and re-installed, its showing a download dialog box then it doesn't open. I seem to be having trouble opening other applications as well(ubuntu software center) but firefox and deluge work. Should I switch to gnome rather than xfce as there are other errors as well
No clue, never tried Hybrid under xfce.
what did you use before?
On my normal machine I use KDE and otherwise I use Gnome or Unity.

Cu Selur
I wiped everything did a fresh install and added unity. Then installed hybrid(this time without avisynth). It doesn't open after the no gpu detected message
Will try to look at the code tomorrow to see where Hybrid is looking for the gpu info,...
a picture of the logs

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)