This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] m2ts was not created
Hi Selur,

I'm back sooner than I thought. Big Grin 

It's the first time I work directly on m2ts file, so maybe I don't do it properly.
The finalization of the file doesn't work.

I use the last dev version you sent to me (Hybrid_dev_mac_2021090801).

Thanks for the help.

Laurent
I rarely use m2ts myself.

Muxing call:
"/Applications/Hybrid.app/Contents/MacOS/tsMuxeR" "/Users/Laurent/Movies/Hybrid/tsMuxerMeta_2021-09-14@18_27_12_9610__06.meta" "/Volumes/Racines/_O_/Films    BD/CGS3/cgs3.m2ts"
and the content fo the meta file:
MUXOPT --no-pcr-on-video-pid --new-audio-pes --vbr --vbv-len=500

V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC, "/Users/Laurent/Movies/Hybrid/cgs3_2021-09-14@18_27_12_9610_05.264", fps=23.976, insertSEI, contSPS, ar=1:1 (Square)

A_AC3, "/Users/Laurent/Movies/Hybrid/iId_1_aid_4352_2021-09-14@18_27_12_9610_04.ac3"

S_TEXT/UTF8, "/Volumes/Racines/_O_/Films    BD/CGS3/Chinese.Ghost.Story.III.BD.RE.720.x264.DTS.DD51.DualAudio__SUB_FR__.srt.srt",font-name=Arial,font-size=60,font-color=0x00FFFFFF,font-charset=1,bottom-offset=16,font-border=1,text-align=center,video-width=auto,video-height=1,fps=23.976
look both fine to me. (aside from the .srt.srt naming)

My fist guess would be that tsMuxeR is having problems with the whitespace in the output file/folder name.
So you can try using another output folder. (without special characters or whitespaces)
Also using FFmpeg instead of tsMuxeR by enabling "Config->Containers->Transport Stream settings->Use FFmpeg" probably works too.

It might also be an issue with the way Hybrid is calling tsMuxer (on MacOS), do you see any error messages when caling:
"/Applications/Hybrid.app/Contents/MacOS/tsMuxeR" "/Users/Laurent/Movies/Hybrid/tsMuxerMeta_2021-09-14@18_27_12_9610__06.meta" "/Volumes/Racines/_O_/Films    BD/CGS3/cgs3.m2ts"
inside a terminal?

Cu Selur

Ps.: Will also send you a link to my latest dev for MacOS via PM. (I think I fixed the .srt.srt naming issue in that version a few days ago)
I tested different formats passtrough to m2ts using name with special character "Ω" and without it and seems it produce random results. Not sure how to reproduce and debug it yet.
Sometimes it works well.
Sometimes it report that encoding is finished, but in reality there is no any file created and unmuxed files stuck Temp folder.
Sometimes it report error.

So at least i can confirm that the problem is there in Hybrid_dev_2021.09.13

Ok. I can reproduce error - no any file created and unmuxed files stuck Temp folder. (No any special characters used in name.) It happening during MOV to M2TS passtrough. PM'ed you a debug
(14.09.2021, 21:04)Selur Wrote: I rarely use m2ts myself.

Yes, me too. It's the first time I have this kind of file, instead of a mkv, to work with. And I don't have much to change. And most of all, there's TrueHD involved and going to mkv will make everything more difficult to handle.

(14.09.2021, 21:04)Selur Wrote: It might also be an issue with the way Hybrid is calling tsMuxer (on MacOS), do you see any error messages when caling:
"/Applications/Hybrid.app/Contents/MacOS/tsMuxeR" "/Users/Laurent/Movies/Hybrid/tsMuxerMeta_2021-09-14@18_27_12_9610__06.meta" "/Volumes/Racines/_O_/Films    BD/CGS3/cgs3.m2ts"
inside a terminal?

I don't think it's an error. Here's the answer :

tsMuxeR version git-2d378f2. github.com/justdan96/tsMuxer
video-width, video-height and fps parameters MUST be provided for SRT tracks

I'm trying right now with shortest names in a regular folder with no weird characters.
I didn't see the .srt.srt problem. I changed that also.
Encoding is in progress. I'll post the result. I'm still using my Hybrid version for now.
________

Ok, it still crashed. The problem seems the same even with correct names. I send the debug to be sure.
Seems problem i noticed earlier is not related to M2TS. It is related to MOV input file. It stuck in Temp folder when mux to MOV, M2TS, TS, RAW. PM'ed more debugs...

Can't reproduce any further problems with M2TS yet.
(14.09.2021, 21:36)shijan Wrote: Ok. I can reproduce error - no any file created and unmuxed files stuck Temp folder. (No any special characters used in name.) It happening during MOV to M2TS passtrough. PM'ed you a debug

I had the same here : "no any file created and unmuxed files stuck Temp folder."
Three files: ac3, 264 and meta.

I'm still waiting for the results of the new test I'm doing.
Also problem with MP4 to MOV muxing
(14.09.2021, 22:21)shijan Wrote: Also problem with MP4 to MOV muxing

My input and my output are the same: m2ts, so I'm not sure it's the same problem you encounter with MOV files.

Another thing, if it can help, even though I'm not sure it's related : when encoding with Hybrid as described, my system is getting slower and slower, however my cpu doesn't seem to be very busy (only 15%).

(14.09.2021, 21:04)Selur Wrote: Also using FFmpeg instead of tsMuxeR by enabling "Config->Containers->Transport Stream settings->Use FFmpeg" probably works too.

Ok, I'm trying this right now. Results tomorrow.
@shijan:
The special character problem is another thing.
Please post infos about that in another thread.

@LaurentS:
Interessting is whether:
a. remuxing using ffmepg works
b. remuxing works with tsMuxeR when the output does not have white spaces in it
c. remuxing works if the extension isn't doubled .srt.srt
so please test all these scenarios.

I will not find time to look at this today, since I'll be afk for the rest of the day.

Cu Selur
(15.09.2021, 06:58)Selur Wrote: @LaurentS:
Interessting is whether:
a. remuxing using ffmepg works
b. remuxing works with tsMuxeR when the output does not have white spaces in it
c. remuxing works if the extension isn't doubled .srt.srt
so please test all these scenarios.

I will not find time to look at this today, since I'll be afk for the rest of the day.

Cu Selur

Hi Selur,

a. didn't work either, but the result is different : I got a mkv file instead of the meta and 264 files. I join the debug.
b. didn't work. The no special characters didn't change a thing.
c. didn't work either. I got rid of these double .srt as soon as you told me. And it's not related to Hybrid. It appeared when I unzipped the srt file.

Happy to read you soon when you'll be back.
Have a nice day.