This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] m2ts was not created
I replaced inside Hybrid tsMuxer version fixed by Selur with tsMuxer version fixed by justdan96 https://github.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/act...1215042189 and seems it works. But i didn't test any stuff with subtitles.

Or was it a bad idea?
doesn't matter, I tried that version too, subtitle / font-detection problem is present in that version too, only difference in that build is that it also includes libfreetype and libpng.

Cu Selur
Hi Selur,

I did try to use TSMuxerGui directly to add the subtitles.
It worked flawlessly with my june2021 version.

I'm sorry you didn't find the solution to this bug.

---

About developping Hybrid for Mac.
What is the difference with developping for Windows, as long as you're also dependant to the bugs from tsmuxer, ffmpeg and others tools ?
Quote:What is the difference with developping for Windows, as long as you're also dependant to the bugs from tsmuxer, ffmpeg and others tools ?
Often bugs are MacOS only bugs. Like in the font issue in tsMuxeR.
Problem with that for me is that I have a hard time reporting and reproducing those bugs since I only run MacOS in a VM (without hardware accelleration).
Also:
  • lots of developers do not own a Mac or even a VM running a Mac but crosscompile on a Linux system.
  • MacOS has it's own development enviroment XCode where the from time to time change stuff that breaks compatibility with for example Qt.
  • Not much folks on MacOS run freeware tools and report problems so you often run into bugs that have been around for ages, but nobody reported them.

-----------
Quote:I did try to use TSMuxerGui directly to add the subtitles.
It worked flawlessly with my june2021 version.
Can you be more specific which version (https://github.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/releases) worked?
Also what did the .meta file look like?

Cu Selur
Hundreds if not thousands bugs where discovered and fixed during about 2 years. And i guess a lot of them where not only macOS bugs but global ones. Most of those reports came from mac users in "Esxi running macos For selur" thread started in Summer 2020. But mac is always "evil" for Selur Smile
MacOS reported bugs are by no means leading. Windows users report more bugs. (I get tons of reports, daily via PM in multiple forums and also Email.)
Problem isn't the reporting of bugs, it's mainly the problem that I have a hard time reproducing MacOS bugs, since the VM I use is slow (it's running on a 8 CPUs x Intel® Xeon® CPU E5640 @ 2.67GHz with 64GB RAM on an 1TB SSD), but without any gpu accellaration, MacOS is a pain.
I thought about buying a Mac MIni M1, but compiling for Intel CPUs on it with Qt is still way to buggy to be useful. Also from the looks of it M1X Mac Mini might come soon. For some reason also MacUsers often have to be asked again and again to:
a. describe in detail (ideally step-by-step) what they do
b. provide a debug output
Especially shijan, can be really annoying in that department.

Cu Selur
LOL, the whole fonts in MacOS get's more and more of a mess,.. see https://github.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/issues/459
this is getting amusing.

Cu Selur
(17.09.2021, 20:00)Selur Wrote: I did try to use TSMuxerGui directly to add the subtitles.
Quote:It worked flawlessly with my june2021 version.
Can you be more specific which version (https://github.com/justdan96/tsMuxer/releases) worked?
Also what did the .meta file look like?

Cu Selur

Hi Selur,
My version is not in the list.
I think I had a bug and the author sent me a patch at the time.

But I'm curious about this subtitle bug with tsmuxer, so I downloaded the last version (Nightly build from 2021-09-09-02-03-09)
and I'm trying it out to do the same thing that worked with my june21 version.
Ok, it worked again flawlessly.

When I'm using TSmuxer GUI, it's outside of Hybrid, so I don't know where it put the meta file.

I'm using macOS 10.14.6
Maybe the bug appears only with more recent versions (Catalina? BigSur?)
Quote:Maybe the bug appears only with more recent versions (Catalina? BigSur?)
I always forget that you use an old MacOS.
Yes, Apple changed their font handling in Catalina.

Cu Selur
(17.09.2021, 20:00)Selur Wrote:
Quote:What is the difference with developping for Windows, as long as you're also dependant to the bugs from tsmuxer, ffmpeg and others tools ?
Often bugs are MacOS only bugs. Like in the font issue in tsMuxeR.
Problem with that for me is that I have a hard time reporting and reproducing those bugs since I only run MacOS in a VM (without hardware accelleration).
Also:
  • lots of developers do not own a Mac or even a VM running a Mac but crosscompile on a Linux system.
  • MacOS has it's own development enviroment XCode where the from time to time change stuff that breaks compatibility with for example Qt.
  • Not much folks on MacOS run freeware tools and report problems so you often run into bugs that have been around for ages, but nobody reported them.

Thanks a lot for all these explanations.
I understand you for the problems with using a VM, especially to emulate a recent macOS system, which maybe a lot cpu using.
I had to do the same myself when my mac was too old to install recent macOS. tsMuxer and other tools were too old and too buggy for my 10.11 system.
So I found the latest versions were able to work on Windows 7. That I could manage on a VM. But it was hard for my cpu: VM + video encoding for Blu-ray -> ouch!
But at least it could work on an old Windows version.
Then I could buy a 4-years old iMac and install a more recent macOS.

Apple seems to pretend to make a revolution every year with all its systems. And some good things don't work anymore.
I could install BigSur on my iMac but I really don't want to go beyond Mojave. Catalina seems to be a breaker and would make me lose more than what I would earn.

(18.09.2021, 11:44)Selur Wrote: I always forget that you use an old MacOS.
Yes, Apple changed their font handling in Catalina.

Cu Selur

Wink 
Yet another reason not to go Catalina Big Grin