This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] I got crashed first pass aomenc from DVD to aomenc
Exclamation 
Hello guys! I need your help.

I tried encode MPEG-2 (DVD) to AV1 (Aomedia, aomenc encoder), but I got crashed and it says too small size 0 kb, here is what I got log:
p, li { white-space: pre-wrap; }
-> 2021-09-20@17_32_09_4310_06_video crashed: ERROR: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_2021-09-20@17_32_09_4310_06.stats is too small! (byteSize: 0byte)
Aborting '2021-09-20@17_32_09_4310_06_video' due to: ERROR: C:\Users\User\AppData\Local\Temp\DVD_2021-09-20@17_32_09_4310_06.stats is too small! (byteSize: 0byte)

Others encoders like x264 and x265 that might work.

Is there any solutions how to fix too small?
Update: Added Hybrid Debug Output: https://ln5.sync.com/dl/4c023c670/dhpibx...2-wym7u9mb

- MartinHero13

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Will send you a link to my current dev version so you can test whether the problem is fixed there.
Also when looking at your script: Using QTGMC two times (ones as deinterlacer and once as denoiser with only cropping between them, doesn't seem to make such sense, you could do the denoising directly in the deinterlacing step).

Cu Selur
(20.09.2021, 17:08)Selur Wrote: Will send you a link to my current dev version so you can test whether the problem is fixed there.
Also when looking at your script: Using QTGMC two times (ones as deinterlacer and once as denoiser with only cropping between them, doesn't seem to make such sense, you could do the denoising directly in the deinterlacing step).

Cu Selur

Ok, I tested, but I got error message says "Error: Default save project path in the INI file is invalid. Defaulting to empty.
Image: https://ibb.co/k8XHrxM
Debug file (Dev version): https://ln5.sync.com/dl/3ec5febd0/4kd3hd...j-da7kyyxr
That error message does not come frome Hybrid. Smile
It comes from DGDecNV, my mistake I accidentally packed DGDecNV.ini and DGIndex.ini with the dev version. Simply deleting those files from Hybrid/64bit/Avisynth/plugins and Hybrid/32bit/avisynthPlugins should fix the problem.

Cu Selur
(20.09.2021, 17:48)Selur Wrote: That error message does not come frome Hybrid. Smile
It comes from DGDecNV, my mistake I accidentally packed DGDecNV.ini and DGIndex.ini with the dev version. Simply deleting those files from Hybrid/64bit/Avisynth/plugins and Hybrid/32bit/avisynthPlugins should fix the problem.

Cu Selur
Okay, so I just deleted DGIndex.ini, but I couldn't find DGDecNV.ini and dvd to aomenc got crashed. I followed your instruction that I deleted Hybrid/32bit/avisynthPlugins, there was only one DGIndex.ini and also same as Hybrid/64bit/avisynthPlugins/, so there was no DGDecNV.ini in 32 bit and 64 bit folder. I got same error as INI file is invalid. So here is again debug file another: https://ln5.sync.com/dl/562d06190/teje79...m-dh9qvavd
1. Could it be that the DVD is encrypted?
Mplayer throws tons of errors:
libdvdread: CHECK_VALUE failed in ../src/nav_read.c:271 for dsi->dsi_gi.zero1 == 0
when extacting the audio.
My guess is those errors are what later also cause problems.

2. Does the Avisynth Preview work?

3. The encoding call:
"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\32bit\ffmpeg.exe" -y -loglevel fatal -noautorotate -nostdin -threads 8 -i "C:\Users\marti\AppData\Local\Temp\encodingTempSynthSkript_2021-09-21@08_38_07_0510.avs" -an -sn -vf zscale=rangein=tv:range=tv -pix_fmt yuv420p10le -strict -1 -vsync 0 -f yuv4mpegpipe - |  "C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\aomenc.exe" --passes=2 --pass=1 --target-bitrate=1500 --end-usage=vbr --fpf="C:\Users\marti\AppData\Local\Temp\HUNTDVD1_2021-09-21@08_38_07_0510_06.stats" --min-cr=36 --profile=0 --cpu-used=3 --min-q=36 --max-q=63 --bias-pct=100 --minsection-pct=15 --maxsection-pct=10000 --lag-in-frames=25 --drop-frame=0 --undershoot-pct=0 --overshoot-pct=0 --buf-sz=6 --buf-initial-sz=4 --buf-optimal-sz=5 --drop-frame=0 --kf-min-dist=0 --kf-max-dist=250 --auto-alt-ref=1 --arnr-maxframes=7 --arnr-strength=5 --noise-sensitivity=0 --denoise-noise-level=0 --sharpness=0 --static-thresh=0 --tune-content=default --tile-columns=0 --tile-rows=0 --frame-boost=0 --aq-mode=2 --min-gf-interval=0 --max-gf-interval=2 --threads=16 --width=696 --height=576 --input-bit-depth=10 --bit-depth=10 --denoise-noise-level=0 --min-partition-size=4 --max-partition-size=128 --row-mt=0 --good --sb-size=0 --max-reference-frames=7 --disable-trellis-quant=0 --enable-tpl-model=1 --enable-keyframe-filtering=0 --force-video-mode=1 --reduced-tx-type-set=1 --use-intra-dct-only=0 --use-inter-dct-only=0 --use-intra-default-tx-only=0 --quant-b-adapt=1 --coeff-cost-upd-freq=0 --mode-cost-upd-freq=0 --mv-cost-upd-freq=0 -o NUL -
fails with "Fatal: Failed to open statistics store"
Does it show any additional errors when calling this call inside a Windows Command Prompt?

4. If you have any anti virus or similar tool running aside from Windows Defender, try disabling it. In general I would recommend to:
a. place the temp folder in a more accessible folder (easier to keep clean and add excemtions to anti virus tools&co)
b. make an excemption for input, temp, output folders in anti virus tools etc. to make sure they don't interfere with Hybrid. (may be even for the Hybrid folder)

Cu Selur
Hello, Selur.
1. My DVD is not encrypted, all almost USA movies were encrypted, but other countries don't encrypt DVD, so that is awkward read libdvdread. I added libdvdcss-2.dll, but I am not sure that it does not identify, crashed encode first pass from dvd/xvid to aomenc.
2. No, it didn't work. Error: Avisynth preview error: -> DGSource: Cannot open index file! (C:\Users\marti\Downloads\rrr2\tempPreviewAvisynthFile13_33_46_703_tmp.avs, line 13) (note in filtering tab, avisynth)
3. It doesn't show additional errors, also Windows Command Prompt won't show me.
4. I had McAfee LiveSafe, so I cannot make put safe temp folder, so I turned off real time scanning for 15 min and I moved from default temp folder to downloads\rrr2 temp folder.
Here is of debug file: https://ln5.sync.com/dl/33501df00/c52y2n...t-7sqbcn64 (note: I tried DVD and XviD file, (log file debug 5 MB)

- MartinHero13
Have you tired another DVD?
I tried multiple DVDs and had no problem opening them through Avisynth.
With DGIndex and DGDecNV.

You can simply try the Avisynth preview (if you use Avisynth) to check whether the decoding works.
If the preview fails, so will the encoding.

Atm. I can't reproduce the issue here at all, so I suspect it's either an issue with this DVD or your AV solution.

Cu Selur
(21.09.2021, 18:27)Selur Wrote: Have you tired another DVD?
I tried multiple DVDs and had no problem opening them through Avisynth.
With DGIndex and DGDecNV.

You can simply try the Avisynth preview (if you use Avisynth) to check whether the decoding works.
If the preview fails, so will the encoding.

Atm. I can't reproduce the issue here at all, so I suspect it's either an issue with this DVD or your AV solution.

Cu Selur

Hello Selur, I just trying encode anime mkv to av1 anime mkv, but I got crashed, not dvd or xvid.
Here is debug report:
https://ln5.sync.com/dl/82a0e5ed0/uzb93j...f-5q9wvcc4

Oh by the way, I installed Avisynth, so the preview is fine, but I have to encode seperately from mpeg 2 to xvid/h264/h265, then after encoding in avisynth program, I have to encode with AV1 encoder program.
Quote:Oh by the way, I installed Avisynth,
Probably a bad idea. (Hybrid does come with it's own Vapoursynth and Avisynth)

Do you get an error messag when calling:
"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\ffmpeg.exe" -y -noautorotate -nostdin -threads 8 -i "C:\Users\marti\Downloads\Haven't You Heard I'm Sakamoto\[DB]Haven't You Heard I'm Sakamoto_-_01_(Dual Audio_10bit_BD1080p_x265) (1).mkv" -map 0:0 -an -sn -vf zscale=rangein=tv:range=tv -pix_fmt yuv420p10le -strict -1 -vsync 0 -f yuv4mpegpipe - |  "C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\aomenc.exe" --passes=2 --pass=1 --target-bitrate=1300 --end-usage=vbr --fpf="C:\Users\marti\AppData\Local\Temp\3r4_2021-09-22@20_27_41_6910_07.stats" --min-cr=38 --profile=0 --cpu-used=3 --min-q=38 --max-q=63 --bias-pct=100 --minsection-pct=15 --maxsection-pct=10000 --lag-in-frames=25 --drop-frame=0 --undershoot-pct=0 --overshoot-pct=0 --buf-sz=6 --buf-initial-sz=4 --buf-optimal-sz=5 --drop-frame=0 --kf-min-dist=0 --kf-max-dist=250 --auto-alt-ref=1 --arnr-maxframes=7 --arnr-strength=5 --noise-sensitivity=0 --denoise-noise-level=0 --sharpness=0 --static-thresh=0 --tune-content=default --tile-columns=0 --tile-rows=0 --frame-boost=0 --aq-mode=2 --min-gf-interval=0 --max-gf-interval=2 --threads=16 --width=1920 --height=1080 --input-bit-depth=10 --bit-depth=10 --denoise-noise-level=0 --min-partition-size=4 --max-partition-size=128 --row-mt=0 --good --sb-size=0 --max-reference-frames=7 --disable-trellis-quant=0 --enable-tpl-model=1 --enable-keyframe-filtering=0 --force-video-mode=1 --reduced-tx-type-set=1 --use-intra-dct-only=0 --use-inter-dct-only=0 --use-intra-default-tx-only=0 --quant-b-adapt=1 --coeff-cost-upd-freq=0 --mode-cost-upd-freq=0 --mv-cost-upd-freq=0 -o NUL -
in a Windows Command Prompt window?

I think I can reproduce the problem, in which case the above should work without a problem.