This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Question about downscalers/resizers.
Hi all !

I would like to ask :
If i set Filtering/Vapoursynth/Frame/Resize/fmtconv,etc ,is it overwrites the main CROP/RESIZE/ algorithm ?
Because it still looks "active",its not faded out!

OTOH ,maybe im too lame ,but cant find a website where downscalers/resizers are compared...
Anyone can help me ?
Thanks in advance.
Quote:Because it still looks "active",its not faded ou
Yes, that's by design and is probably not to change.
a. To be sure, you can look at the Script Preview to see whether your settings are active or not.
b. "Settings under Filtering->Vapoursynth->Frame->Resize" only 'overwrite' the 'Filtering->Base->Resize->Picture Resize->Resize method' choice. If 'Filtering->Base->Resize' isn't enabled they are not used.

Quote:Anyone can help me ?
No me, no clue. Some resizers are better suited for some content than others. Some resizers are used for upscaling only, others for downscaling only and others allow some filtering even if no actual scaling is done.
Don't know of any site which does a comparision of the resizers and their effect when up-/downscaling different content by different scaling factors.

Cu Selur