This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] Maintaining timecode with ProRes
Hi, I have ProRes 422 HQ media that I'm deinterlacing and upscaling using Vapoursynth. However, I'm noticing the timecode metadata is discarded everytime. I can use "Add timecode" to add it back, but then I can't batch multiple clips with different timecodes. Is it possible to auto detect timecode and then maintain it throughout the pipeline?

I'm using the current version of Hybrid - 2021.12.12.1 - on MacOS Mojave

Thank you
Hmm,... I think at least ffmpeg (not sure about MediaInfo) should show the timecode info.
So in theory I could read the info during the analysis and then add an option to adjust the time code to the input time code.

Since I'm quite busy in real life atm. and I'll mainly offline for the next week or so, I won't get around to add this.
But I might find some time next Thursday.
If you could:
a. share two short sample of files with different time codes
and
b. remind me about it next Wednesday by posting in this thread (I'll get an email notification).
I'll try to implement it then. (should be easy)

Cu Selur
Thank you for the quick response! I completely understand as it is the holiday season.

Here's a dropbox link to two sample files - https://www.dropbox.com/sh/dcolu3480gcro...6I0Ma?dl=0

I will reply with a reminder on Wednesday
Send you a link to a dev version for testing via pm.

Cu Selur