This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] PAL widescreen DVD - problem with aspect ratio
Hello,

I want to deinterlace a PAL DVD (720x576 widescreen) using Hybrid and QTGMC. I want to choose ProRes because it will be a intermediate for further processing. But I have problems with the output, it always encodes to 4:3 / 5:4 aspect ratio, it seems the widescreen flag / input AR is ignored somehow. Is there a way to encode the file with the proper AR?

Thank you and kindly regards!
Probably a bug in Hybrid, in case you do not have an audio stream.
When no audio is used and no additional muxing call is needed, Hybrid does not seem to add '-aspect <DAR>' to the stream.

In case you do have an audio stream and an additional muxing subjob exists, it's problably a problem with your settings.

Cu Selur

Ps.: Probably easy to fix, but since you didn't mention which OS you are using I won't send you a dev version for testing. Fix will be included in the next release.
(29.12.2021, 18:47)Selur Wrote: Probably a bug in Hybrid, in case you do not have an audio stream.
When no audio is used and no additional muxing call is needed, Hybrid does not seem to add '-aspect <DAR>' to the stream.

In case you do have an audio stream and an additional muxing subjob exists, it's problably a problem with your settings.

Cu Selur

Ps.: Probably easy to fix, but since you didn't mention which OS you are using I won't send you a dev version for testing. Fix will be included in the next release.

Sorry Selur, I am on Windows 10 (up to date). And no audio selected, correct.
Does that mean that you were using video only and thus no additional muxing step is present?

Cu Selur
(29.12.2021, 19:46)Selur Wrote: Does that mean that you were using video only and thus no additional muxing step is present?

Cu Selur

Yes, no additional audio is processed.
Not what I asked, but okay.
I'll compile and upload a new dev version which should fix the issue.
Will send you a link via pm in ~15min.

Cu Selur
Thank you very much selur!
No problem, let me know if you run into a problem with this version.

Cu Selur
Hi selur. The aspect ratio is now correct using ProRes, thank you!