This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

.mkv exporting problems
Quote: So it not possible for the content to stays as 4:2:2 when InterFrame convert it to 60fps?
Yes, Interframe only works with 4:2:0 content.
Quote: Do you have any filter suggestions to improve the quality?
tons of filters could remove noise, sharpen the image, etc. if you share a small clip of your source not some content you filtered, reencoded and YouTube reencoded too I can look at it and give some suggestions.

Cu Selur
(25.03.2022, 14:55)Selur Wrote:
Quote: So it not possible for the content to stays as 4:2:2 when InterFrame convert it to 60fps?
Yes, Interframe only works with 4:2:0 content.
Quote: Do you have any filter suggestions to improve the quality?
tons of filters could remove noise, sharpen the image, etc. if you share a small clip of your source not some content you filtered, reencoded and YouTube reencoded too I can look at it and give some suggestions.

Cu Selur

I'm not sure how on here since even a 15 second segment is over 200 mb.
15sec are probably fine.
Upload it to google drive or similar and send me a link.

Cu Selur
To get you started try the following:
  • start Hybrid
  • set "Filtering->Support" to Vapoursynth
  • enable "Filtering->Synth auto refresh"
  • enable "Filtering->Filter view"
  • enable "Filtering->(De-)Interlace/Telecine->Deinterlace/Telecine Settings->QTGMC Vapoursynth->Bob"
  • load your source
  • enable "Crop/Resize->Base->Picture Crop" ans set 'left: 12, top: 8, right: 18, bottom: 24' (to crop broken and fluctuating edges, partially caused by Stab)
  • enable "Filtering->Vapoursynth->DeGrain->TemporalDegrain" (to remove noise)
  • enable "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Spotless" and set "Temporal radius" to 3
  • enable "Filtering->Vapoursynth->DeHalo->FineDeHalo" and set 'Radius(x/y)' to '3/3'
  • enable "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Frame->Stabilize->Stab" and set 'Range' to '3' and 'Shift(max X/Y)' to '8/8'
  • opens the "Vapoursynth preview" to see the (deinterlaced&cropped) input on the left and the completly filtered content on the right.
then adjust the settings of those filters and may be also try different denoise and degrain filters instead of the ones I used.
You can also apply frame interpolation if you want, but I wonder why you even want to do that.
Another thing: when uploading to YouTube, it might make sense to increase the resolution.

Cu Selur

Ps.: And regarding capturing equipment the folks over at videohelp.com might have an idea what might be better suited.
Quote:Ps.: And regarding capturing equipment the folks over at videohelp.com might have an idea what might be better suited.

I'm not worried with equipment since I'm using a VC500 and a JVC S-VHS which is what I could get my hands on.  Thanks, I'll experiment with what you suggest.

Quote:set "Filtering->Support" to Vapoursynth

Does Vapoursynth do a better job with filters than Avisynth?
Quote:Does Vapoursynth do a better job with filters than Avisynth?
Depends on the filters, usually Vapoursynth scales better on multi core systems.
Avisynth and Vapoursynth both have some filters the other doesn't.

If you have an NVIDIA graphics card which has 8GB (or more) RAM and is a 1XXX or newer card I could also send you a link to the torch-addon for Hybrid which allows to use a bunch if ml based filters.
Most older folks mainly stick with Avisynth because they are used to it.

Cu Selur
(25.03.2022, 17:00)Selur Wrote:
Quote:Does Vapoursynth do a better job with filters than Avisynth?
Depends on the filters, usually Vapoursynth scales better on multi core systems.
Avisynth and Vapoursynth both have some filters the other doesn't.

If you have an NVIDIA graphics card which has 8GB (or more) RAM and is a 1XXX or newer card I could also send you a link to the torch-addon for Hybrid which allows to use a bunch if ml based filters.
Most older folks mainly stick with Avisynth because they are used to it.

Cu Selur

Sorry, I only have a 6GB GTX 1660 Ti. My other spec is an i9 11900 and 32GB RAM.
6GB should probably be fine, I'll upload a current torch addon and send you a link to it in ~1 1/2hrs via PM, so you can play with it.
You can then extract the addOn into the Hybrid/64bit folder which will overwrite the Vapoursynth folder and add a vsgan_models folder. Smile

Cu Selur
(25.03.2022, 17:53)Selur Wrote: 6GB should probably be fine, I'll upload a current torch addon and send you a link to it in ~1 1/2hrs via PM, so you can play with it.
You can then extract the addOn into the Hybrid/64bit folder which will overwrite the Vapoursynth folder and add a vsgan_models folder. Smile

Cu Selur

Thank you very much, going to be busy experimenting.
(25.03.2022, 20:49)VHS_UK Wrote:
(25.03.2022, 17:53)Selur Wrote: 6GB should probably be fine, I'll upload a current torch addon and send you a link to it in ~1 1/2hrs via PM, so you can play with it.

Cu Selur

Thank you very much, going to be busy experimenting.

Why does this keep appearing every time I start a job? Is to just notify me or an error? I get two of them before starting the job.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)