This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Bought new 12700K CPU bit Hybrid only utilizes 20 percent of it
VsPipe seems to use up all of the RAM memory which always stands at 99 percent. I only have 8GB of DDR5 but Windows 11 uses up nearly 5 GB of it so I'm thinking it might be RAM bottleneck when Im doing 4K conversion.
Okay, 8GB of RAM was never something I would have considered, since I think even on normal Office machines using below 8 GB is just foolish.
So yes, 4k requires ~4 times the ressource 2k does, so RAM really could be the issue here.
That said, you can try whether Limiting the cache and thread count (Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Script) helps, but 8GB is not much. (I'm running even low with 32GB on 2k filtering&co. Angel )

Cu Selur
Thanks for reply.

So I limited cache to 2000MB and thread count to 10 and now I get nearly 7-8 FPS being processed (instead of just 3 before) - so its a big gain I think.
I would also recommend to try limiting the thread count to 1 and see how it works.
But happy that is cleared up.

Cu Selur

Ps.: SVP on 4k content uses here around 5.6-6.2GB so yes, 2GB free isn not really enough.
(04.05.2022, 15:46)Selur Wrote: @4K@60FPS:
Quote:also when converting 4K the whole PC becomes very laggy.
Hmm,... system should not get laggy, since Hybrid usualy calls everything with 'idle' priority.

Cu Selur

Hi Selur,

I am having a similar problem on i5-12600k with low CPU usage and I figured out at least in my case it is because windows decides to run x264 on 4 efficiency cores only, not touching the remaining 12. It is definitely win10 issue, as previous comment mentioned it goes away in win11. As soon as I manually change the priority for x264.exe to normal or above normal, all 16 cores are utilized and processing speeds up several times.  So my question is: is it possible to configure hybrid to call x264 with 'normal' priority instead of 'idle' during start so I don't have to manually change priority, especially on batch processing? Thanks
Hybrid only allows to overwrite the genera niceness of all processes called.
Hybrid has an undocumented option to change the default miceness through a misc.ini file.
[General]
niceness=XXX
XXX:
-19 = idle
0 = normal
19 = above normal
49 = high
99 = realtime
be aware that this is totally untested and I would not recommend to use 'realtime'.
(only added it years ago to do some testing, but the code is still there and should work)

Cu Selur
(23.05.2022, 15:38)Selur Wrote: Hybrid only allows to overwrite the genera niceness of all processes called.
Hybrid has an undocumented option to change the default miceness through a misc.ini file.
[General]
niceness=XXX
XXX:
-19 = idle
0 = normal
19 = above normal
49 = high
99 = realtime
be aware that this is totally untested and I would not recommend to use 'realtime'.
(only added it years ago to do some testing, but the code is still there and should work)

Cu Selur

Thanks a lot, Selur! It works exactly as expected: at 0 all 16 threads are utilized instead of 4 E-cores only with 60-70% on each thread and overall frame rate increase of 400-500%, no scripts, just x264. at 19 CPU load goes to 80-90% with only slight increase, maybe another 5%, so I'll just use 0
Happy that helped you.

Cu Selur
Hello, good afternoon, Mr. Selur, could you tell me where the file is to change it to 0=normal?

Thanks  Wink
You need to create a misc.ini file in one of the allowed locations.
Read [INFO] *hidden* Hybrid options,... about default settings paths and misc.ini.

Cu Selur