This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] 25i to 29.97i with interpolation
Sure, you just will have potentially more interpolation artifacts.
--- mainly offline 20.-26 of May ---
I tried to create a file with the same settings, but it came out as 29.97 progressive.
you did set the encoder to output interlaced content right?
I checked the interlace box in (De-)Interlace/Telecine. Are there oher settings I need to select?
Quote:I checked the interlace box in (De-)Interlace/Telecine. Are there oher settings I need to select?
Yes, that box does not do much.
The main thing is that the used encoder needs to:
a. support interlaced output
b. be configured to use interlaced output
So if you use ProRes as Output "ProRes->Interlacing" needs to be enabled.

Cu Selur
Thanks, that would be it. I though that was for interlaced input. doh!
Nope, in the encoder you specify what the encoder should create and in return what Vapoursynth/FFmpeg/Avisynth/Mencoder need to output to feed the encoder. Wink

Cu Selur
I tried this setting, but the job will not run: "Interlaced encoding is enabled in the encoder, but the input is progressive!"
What settings are you using exactly?
Try if enabling ' interlace box in (De-)Interlace/Telecine' helps.
-> Also, do not set 'Auto deinterlace handling' to 'none'.
I'm using these settings, from post #36 in this thread:

Quote:[*]loading your 25i source
[*]setting "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Script->Finter interlace handling' to 'QTGMC(preset="Fast")'.
[*]enabling "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Frame->Interpolation"
[*]setting "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Frame->Interpolation" to "Interframe/SVP"
[*]setting "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Frame->Interpolation->Interframe/SVP->FPS" to "59.94"
[*]setting "Filtering->Vapoursynth->Frame->Interpolation->Interframe/SVP->Tuning" to "smooth"
[*]doing the rest of your settings (make sure encoder is set to interlaced output)