This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Neo f3kdb Deband for AVS and VS
Hi Selur,

can you add Neo f3kdb Deband filter to Avisynth and Vapoursynth? That would be cool, its a good Deband filter.

Greetings
Doesn't it produce the same output as f4kdb Deband?

Cu Selur
Also what are the min/max values for the parameters?
Does one have to scale the values of range, Y, Cb, Cr, GrainY and GrainC depending on the color bit depth or is there a fixed range and the values will be automatically adjusted depending on the bit depth?

Cu Selur
In Staxrip in Vapoursynth, Neo f3kdb is not producing any noise:

clip = core.neo_f3kdb.Deband(clip, y=64, cb=64, cr=64, grainy=0, grainc=0)

[Image: ym70xQ2.png]

i have only found these .dlls

https://gitlab.com/uvz/AviSynthPlus-Plug...ugins64%2B

in Hybrid Flash3k is producing noise, Gradfun2D is also produce noise in debanded areas, i dont use Vaypoursynth, dont know about that DeBand filters

in Avisynth in Staxrip, i can choose when select f3kdb neo:

[Image: Vli4yUz.png]and[Image: RTcXbwk.png]

Then it looks like this in Avisynth:

neo_f3kdb(preset="high", output_depth=16)
Hmm,... if that is all, I could simply allow setting dither strength 0. Wink
(never thought 0 was allowed,... this happens if min/max isn't defined properly :/)

Cu Selur

Ps.: neo_f3kdb comes from https://github.com/HomeOfAviSynthPlusEvo.../neo_f3kdb afaik.
Thats would be cool.

in Flash3k, i have tried Mode: No dither, but its instantly crashing when job started, on Precision: No dithering dont do anything i think.

Greetings
Seems like they dropped that (will fix), but setting Y&C dither to 0 seems to work.
Okay, Flash3k deband changed, both Mode&Precision have less options.
Ah, cool, i will try Y&C dither 0
Send you a link to a dev version to test, where I hopefully fixed Flash3kdb in Avisynth, also allowing dither to be 0.
Please test and let me know whether that also allows to skip the dithering.

Out of curiousity: Why not use Vapoursynth instead of Avisynth? (aside from a few filters basically everything is available on Vapoursynth and on newer systems faster and more stable)

Cu Selur