This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Please! Change the priority
Please change the priority of the application, then the OS and CPU will work properly. and add the function to automatically turn off the computer or close the application at the end of the process.
a. Hybrid by default starts everything as 'idle' so any cpu usage assigned to it is given to it since the OS things it's okay.
b. There already is an option to for closing Hybrid and/or shutting down the system under Jobs->Misc.

Cu Selur
(02.09.2022, 06:39)Selur Wrote: a. Hybrid by default starts everything as 'idle' so any cpu usage assigned to it is given to it since the OS things it's okay

okay if you're lazy.
I will change the priority.
where is this function?
Quote:okay if you're lazy.
Huh
If you really don't get along with how Hybrid works, simply don't use it.
If you right click on a running subjob, you can change it's priority. Also you can change the priority through the task manager or Windows.

Cu Selur
(02.09.2022, 06:39)Selur Wrote: a. Hybrid by default starts everything as 'idle' so any cpu usage assigned to it is given to it since the OS things it's okay.

a. this is where the problem lies
b. change the priority

c. okay?

d. When you just installed the OS, you immediately change the priority of the "account" to high / administrator?
Huh I told you how to change the priority.
I will add an option to set the default priority on Windows, if changing the priority to something higher than idle does really help on your system.

Quote:When you just installed the OS, you immediately change the priority of the "account" to high / administrator?
Process priority has nothing to do with the user account that is used.
a. Hybrid should not be run with admin rights
b. Hybrid by default changes the priority of the tools it used to 'idle' to not hinder other running programs and let the OS distribute the cpu usage as it sees fit.

Cu Selur
okay if you're lazy
Not lazy, just not at work and you don't give any feedback to everything that was suggested. Rolleyes
Hybrid recommends old processor variant
(my old) CPU i7-6700K - was without problems
4 cores / 8 threads

Hybrid does not recommend new processors (all new processors are like this)
(my new) CPU i7-12700 - problems started - The hybrid is not stable
8 cores +4 low / 16 threads +4 low

if you change the processing priority, then the OS or CPU will give these processes to strong cores.

I do not remember exactly, but a very long time ago, the OS and the CPU began to divide processing by priority.
Intel CPUs have P- and E-Cores and even if Windows would only use the one type of core for the encoding this does not explain why processes randomly crash with memory errors. Changing the priority might change the core assignment, but it should not cause crashes on a healthy system.