This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Video encoding crashes when using (DG)Denoise with DGDecNV
Debug attached.

Using 2-pass x265, the first pass gets to about 12% before it says it is "finished", then the second pass gets to about the same point and aborts the job.

This doesn't happen with (DG)HDRtoSDR.
Quote:This doesn't happen with (DG)HDRtoSDR.
In the Debug output you are using all three:
  • core.dgdecodenv.DGSource
  • core.dghdrtosdr.DGHDRtoSD
  • core.dgdenoise.DGDenoise
Sadly there is no indication why the encoding stopped after 13448 frames on the first pass.
If you play the Vapoursynth Preview (with those setting) starting at ~13000 does it play fine?

Any virus scanner running in the background?

Cu Selur
I said that a little weird, what I meant was when only using (DG)HDRtoSDR it works fine.
I have run it again disabling (DG)HDRtoSDR, only using (DG)Denoise, and the encode still does not work as expected.
This time though it produced an output file. I will DM you the link.
Updated debug attached.

The Vapoursynth preview works at any point in the video.

When Hybrid is doing the encode with (DG)Denoise, it takes up all of my available system RAM. Is this expected behavior?
https://ibb.co/qgMmKCL
Don't know what I should do with that output.
1st pass this time ends after 13455 frames.
Which isn't far away from where it crashed before.
-> Did you try the Vapoursynth Preview? What about a virus scanner? Is the system overclocked?

Cu Selur
Quote:When Hybrid is doing the encode with (DG)Denoise, it takes up all of my available system RAM. Is this expected behavior?
Seems like a bug in DGDenoise. I can reproduce this when running dgdenoise on 4k content.
Just noticed there was a new release of the filter:https://www.rationalqm.us/vapoursynth/
Replacing the files in Hybrid\64bit\vsfilters\DenoiseFilter\DGDenoise seems to fix the memory issue.

Cu Selur
Many blessings upon you, Selur