This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Muxing "m2ts" file, VERY SLOw !!!
The speed with which a source is shown depends on the source filter.
If:
  • DGDecNV is used (requires NVIDIA card), the source gets indexed once before the preview is started. (Index dumped into a file.)
  • LWLibAVSource/LSMASHSource is used, the source gets indexed each time the source is opened. (Index is created in memory. For most sources this is fast, but for m2ts often not.)
  • FFMpegSource2 is used, the source gets index once before the preview is started. (Index dumped into a file.)
  • DirectShowSource is used, no index is created, but frame seeking&co is not always frame accurate.
  • AviSource is used, no index is created.
(To create an index the whole source needs to be analysed.)
=> try using DGDecNV or FFMpegSource2

Cu Selur
(24.07.2023, 05:15)Selur Wrote: The speed with which a source is shown depends on the source filter.
If:
  • DGDecNV is used (requires NVIDIA card), the source gets indexed once before the preview is started. (Index dumped into a file.)
  • LWLibAVSource/LSMASHSource is used, the source gets indexed each time the source is opened. (Index is created in memory. For most sources this is fast, but for m2ts often not.)
  • FFMpegSource2 is used, the source gets index  once before the preview is started. (Index dumped into a file.)
  • DirectShowSource is used, no index is created, but frame seeking&co is not always frame accurate.
  • AviSource is used, no index is created.
(To create an index the whole source needs to be analysed.)
=> try using DGDecNV or FFMpegSource2

Cu Selur

I thought as much (analyze / indexing).

I have tried to use DGDecNV , but i get the "Indexerfinished:xxxxxxxx" error !

But FFMpegSource2 is KEY, i get instant preview ... in an snap of fingers  Big Grin

BUT! Now, hybrid takes an much longer time to start an job, creating an index before it actually start encodes is much more time consuming now instead !

So, now i have to re-enable Lwlibavsource again to speed the up process of created jobs LoL !?? Preview = Off, Job queu = On, Off.. On .. I feel like daniel san... in the movie "karate kid" Wax on, Wax off ... Wax on, Wax off ^^

I don't get that, preview i have in an blink of an eye using ffmpegsource, but not when i start an job !!?!

EDIT: First it worked, now all of sudden i get random "Empty index calls" messages !!?!

Much obliged,
Cu T.D
Hybrid should add a job, which creates the index before starting the encoding,... But yes, that index needs to be created.
Strange.
(24.07.2023, 09:07)Selur Wrote: Hybrid should add a job, which creates the index before starting the encoding,... But yes, that index needs to be created.
Strange.

Strange indeed, when i start using ffmpeg2source for the first time, i get my preview like instantly .. I guess no index file wos created, since it's an 4k huge file and should take atleast an couple seconds even on very fast machines to create an index file !?

But now, i get the errors "Empty Index calls" & " indexerfinished -1,1" no preview from media files whit an duration of over 90 minutes or longer... i have noticed..

BUT i still get to see the preview filter window to see when i open/load media files whit an shorter playtime (5 min) despite of the errors popping up !?!

Anyway, i have reproduced the error and created an debug, to have an ton of fun  Big Grin ↓ 

EDIT: the reason why i asked is because, every time i change an filter setting and summon the preview window hybrids creates an new index file for the same media file !?? Shouldn't it use the same index file instead of recreating it from the bottom up every time i summon the preview window ?!?

Cheers,

Cua T.D
I would the cause of the 'empty index call', a typo Rolleyes
-> will fix and send you link once I build and packaged a new dev version (~30min)

Cu Selur
send you a link via pm
(24.07.2023, 18:48)Selur Wrote: I would the cause of the 'empty index call', a typo  Rolleyes

Cu Selur

HOw so  Huh
(24.07.2023, 19:02)Selur Wrote: send you a link via pm

thanks, DL the up atm  Shy

As usually, ill keep you posted.

cheers,
td
Quote:HOw so
asignet the output of the ffms2 index call generation to the wrong variable Tongue
(24.07.2023, 19:37)Selur Wrote:
Quote:HOw so
asignet the output of the ffms2 index call generation to the wrong variable  Tongue

Bad bad selur  Tongue

Anyway, regarding the preview issue ... 
installed the new release .. and... drumroll... Undecided

It seems for some reason i only can use preview window when i prefer "LWLibavsource over Mpeg2source" Sad !??

Else, i get the same error code .. dare i say it  Big Grin ... "Empty indexing Call !!" followed by the illustrious → "IndexererFinished -1,1

→ EDIT: note, using FFmpegSource in avisynth went wel .. no problems errors , AND i get instant preview window even whit big media files with long playtime 90+min ..
I don't get this, some settings summons preview pane in an instant , while other settings take so long for preview to show up just and because it needs to index / analyze !?!?!?

I don"t get that.. i don"t see any differences as far as being restricted to do anything when i get it instantly !?!

cheers,
TD
"LWLibavsource over Mpeg2source", I assume you mean "LWLibavsource over FFMpegSource2".
I don't get the "Empty indexing Call !!" message,..
-> create a new debug output with the dev version I send you.
Also check whether it makes a difference, if you (before doing anything):
a. create a specific tmp folder (and configure it under Config->Paths as the default temp path, save it as a default and restart Hybrid)
b. make sure your tmp folder and your source folder are on the ignore list of any anti-virus or other tool monitoring your system (also check task manager while opening the preview)

Can't reproduce this here at all atm., so if the above doesn't help, write down a step-by-step from a reset Hybrid, so I can try reproducing the issue here.

Cu Selur

Ps.: I did try loading a few mkv and m2ts files which are > 40GB with a playtime of 90-180min. Indexing took a bit, but with DGDecNV and FFMpegSource2 indexing progress was shown and I loaded those files from a classic hdd. -> to me it more and more seems something is interfering with the file access on your system.