This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

E-AC3 again!?
@ selur,

It's about an old issue , that you have fixed/added to hybrid in the past !!
Again, hybrid complaints about using / muxing E-AC3 audio into *.TS files  Confused  

I get the infamous message again → "the format eac3 is not allowed for m2ts files" ...  Dodgy  
Have you undone the fix for some reason ?
E-AC3 is an dolby digital plus format, wich is a bluray certified standar for hardware players among others though Huh 

EDIT:  crash  "encoding to flac" !!
If you like, i can provide you with an sample to troubleshoot.

cheers,
TD
Not sharing proper details, so I'm guessing it is related to 'eac3' vs 'e-ac3' vs "e-ac-3" naming somewhere.
Muxing m2ts, mkv with e-ac3 audio to mkv seems to work fine here.

Quote:EDIT: crash "encoding to flac" !!
sticky already answers this,...

Cu Selur
------
offline 02.-07. July, https://www.rockharz-festival.com/ Big Grin
Send you a link to a dev version where I applied a 'blind patch' which might fix the e*ac*3 naming problem,...
------
(03.08.2023, 17:27)Selur Wrote: Not sharing proper details, so I'm guessing it is related to 'eac3' vs 'e-ac3' vs "e-ac-3" naming somewhere.
Muxing m2ts, mkv with e-ac3 audio to mkv seems to work fine here.

Quote:EDIT:  crash  "encoding to flac" !!
sticky already answers this,...

I wos in an hurry to give u more details... but..

No much details to describe, other than..   
i just opened media file with a dts track, not even ac3 or even e-ac3 !  
And when i choose to convert that track to eac3 and choose ts format as output file. i get that pesky message again !!

As for the flac issue, i have browsed for the answer... 

all i have found out, flac related crashes wos supposed to be fixed in early releases of hybrid !

An link to the "right" answer would be great  Big Grin

cheers,
td
Some flac crash was fixed,...

Quote: it crashes "only" when i choose and enable the tab "merge channels" in audio config !!
Do you mean 'merge audio streams' ?
Quote:Merge audio streams:
This option will tell Hybrid that all audio streams should be merged into one.
This will automatically mean audio extraction will be done by ffmpeg and ffmpeg will guess the output audio mapping on the number of seperate audio streams.
This is only intended for sources with multiple mono audio streams.

no clue what you are really doing, share a debug output (see: sticky)

Unless the details given allow me to reproduce the issue, they are useless. Sad

Cu Selur
------
(03.08.2023, 19:05)Selur Wrote: Do you mean 'merge audio streams' ?

Yez, to be exact... Is there an difference? 

Or are "streams" actually the channels (2, 6, etc..) it is refering to ?
I mean i get it, streams and channels are 2 different animals .. but...

(03.08.2023, 19:05)Selur. Wrote: no clue what you are really doing, share a debug output (see: sticky)

Unless the details given allow me to reproduce the issue, they are useless. Sad

Cu Selur

Iam trying things out... not sure of the outcome myself.. so yes, me too am in the dark here  Tongue 

Have added the much coveted debug ↓  Big Grin
Quote:Yez, to be exact... Is there an difference?
Merge audio streams will merge multiple mono audio streams into one stream containing all the channels from those streams.
Your source:
Stream #0:1: Audio: dts (DTS), 48000 Hz, 5.1(side), fltp, 1536 kb/s (default)
would be converted to one mono stream.
Is that what you wanted?

Crash happens when Hybrid calls:
"C:\Program Files\Hybrid\64bit\ffmpeg.exe" -y -threads 8 -i "E:\Temp\sample.mkv" -map 0:1 -vn -sn -ac 1 -ar 48000 -filter_complex "[0:1] amerge=inputs=1" -channel_layout mono -f flac -map_metadata -1 -metadata encoding_tool="Hybrid 2023.07.26.1" "C:\Users\AppData\Local\Temp\iId_1_aid_0_2023-08-03@19_09_47_0910_01.flac"
since your source if 24bit and ffmpeg aborts with:
[flac @ 000002b438850980] encoding as 24 bits-per-sample, more is considered experimental. Add -strict experimental if you want to encode more than 24 bits-per-sample
-> I'll adjust Hybrid to add '-strict experimental' to support encoding 24bit flac.

Cu Selur
------
@selur,

No, its not my intention to convert DTS to a mono track...

Let me first explain my problem i try to rectify...

I have media files with DTS audio tracks, that JUST don't want to bitstream on my desktop for an misterious reason !!! 
Not through , powerdvd wich has it's own decoder, not through mpc-hd nor other software player !!! 

Even when i configurated external filters like Lav audio → with the fallback to pcm setting enable for tracks that arent recognized !! 
I JUST don't get anything to hear !!

BUT, and this is the weird part ... My bluray hardware player play the Audio track just fine !!!

Now, i have tried to re-encode just the dts track to DTS using hybrid, using Eac3to... even FFmpeg... using different options, but the same keeps happening .... NO SOUND .. atleast the media players doesn't passthrough the track !!  Only when i choose PCM , i get sound..; but the track sounds is very awfull DULL and quiet  Confused  !!

Now,  what do you think about that as detailed discription selur  Cool

AH before i forget, dl ur latest dev kit... eac3+ts = V ... mux = X → crash... unless (you've guessed it) i choose FFmpeg to create m2ts files again  Dodgy
I guess TSmuxer is still haunting you selur  Big Grin

cheers,
td
My guess the problem is that your dts stream is 24bit, iirc. normal DTS should be 16bit.

Quote:Now, what do you think about that as detailed discription selur
Debug output was more helpful, since it did show the characteristics of your source and tons of other stuff.
------
(03.08.2023, 19:45)Selur Wrote: My guess the problem is that your dts stream is 24bit, iirc. normal DTS should be 16bit.

Yes, but shouldn't i have fixed that by re-encode the track to 16-bit / 48.000 khz then ?

Also, why does it Sound so DULL and quiet when player decodes it to PCM as output (powerdvd) ?

cheers,
td