This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

No option for x264 10 bit
After importing a Prores 422 LT file (that is 10 bit) in Hybrid I am unable find any option to allow me to encode it to x264 10 bit.  The only options for x264 are 8bit and i420.  How can I enable x264 10 bit encoding?  I am wanting to use it to process some files since x264 encodes WAY faster and then will do the final encode in x265 10 bit.
You need to select a profile which supports the color space and sampling you want.
For example: High4:2:2 does support 4:2:2 at 10bit.

Cu Selur
Thanks, that did it!  Keep up the great work with Hybrid!  I used to primarily use Staxrip, but when testing Hybrid I found that it processed most filters faster using vapoursynth when compared with Staxrip using Avisynth.  I also like how you have included so many parameter to easily tweak for the filters.
look https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AG0hugM...drive_link

bonus https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CxOWi71...drive_link
Setting seem okay (preset 'veryfast'), personally I would probably use x265 instead of x264 since 10bit support usually is better for H.265.

Cu Selur
I ended up going with Prores Standard since it renders so fast.  Smile  But I tweaked the bits per macro block setting a little and set it at 750 so the files are just a little bit smaller.
Hmmm, after some research and trying out different encode settings for my use I eventually landed on one that I can export from Adobe Media Encoder that I thought I could also reproduce in Hybrid but it appears I can't.  Using Voukoder plugin for AME I am encoding x264, 10bit, 4:2:2, gop=1 (intra), crf=0, and I am able to set a vbv-maxrate of 120000.  This results in files that good enough quality for what I need and fit my space needs.  I am unable to set crf 0 & the vbv-maxrate options are greyed out where I am unable to use them.
(06.09.2023, 00:08)GlitterKill Wrote: Hmmm, after some research and trying out different encode settings for my use I eventually landed on one that I can export from Adobe Media Encoder that I thought I could also reproduce in Hybrid but it appears I can't.  Using Voukoder plugin for AME I am encoding x264, 10bit, 4:2:2, gop=1 (intra), crf=0, and I am able to set a vbv-maxrate of 120000.  This results in files that good enough quality for what I need and fit my space needs.  I am unable to set crf 0 & the vbv-maxrate options are greyed out where I am unable to use them.

Big Grin try this - x265 main 422 10bit
That is x265.  I am trying to do this in x264.  I can do it with Voukoder just fine.  There has to be a way to do it in Hybrid. I want to use x264 since it encodes much faster than x265.
Quote:I am encoding x264, 10bit, 4:2:2, gop=1 (intra), crf=0, and I am able to set a vbv-maxrate of 120000. This results in files that good enough quality for what I need and fit my space needs. I am unable to set crf 0 & the vbv-maxrate options are greyed out where I am unable to use them.
crf=0 <> qp = 0 <> lossless encoding, to use lossless encoding you need to a. select a profile which supports it "x264->Base->Restriction Settings->AVC Profile" for example 'High 4:4:4' or 'None' b. you need to set encoding mode to 'constant quantizer (1-pass)' and enable 'lossless'.
vbv and crf=0 do not work together, if you use crf=0/cq=0 vbv settings will be ignored by x264.

Cu Selur