This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[HELP] bypass/disable deinterlace
My question is how do I use Hybrid without deinterlacing?
I have a HuffYUV video 29.97 frame rate, I wish to do some filtering and produce an interlaced and deinterlaced version.
QTGMC via Hybrid is THE BOMB, use it all the time, but how how how do I bypass  any deinterlace?
Thank you.
Configure the output encoder to create interlaced content. (assuming the encoder and Hybrid does support it)
(18.09.2023, 11:52)Barrythecrab Wrote: My question is how do I use Hybrid without deinterlacing?

look https://drive.google.com/file/d/1lKhFpci...drive_link
@humanoid86: No, that is not the correct way since that also disables Avisynth and Vapoursynth filtering.
Also, if the encoder isn't configured to output interlaced content, that will break the output for most formats.

Cu Selur
Here is a link to some files that might help illuminate my failure.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing
No matter what I do the box for "interlace" is inactive unless I am on "progressive" for scan type.
This keeps telling me I am BFF, also.
There has GOT to be an easy way to create a filtered and interlaced file, but god help me I cannot find the pathway.
(18.09.2023, 14:51)Selur Wrote: @humanoid86: No, that is not the correct way since that also disables Avisynth and Vapoursynth filtering.
Also, if the encoder isn't configured to output interlaced content, that will break the output for most formats.

Cu Selur
Big Grin ok

(18.09.2023, 18:04)Barrythecrab Wrote: Here is a link to some files that might help illuminate my failure.
https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1...sp=sharing
No matter what I do the box for "interlace" is inactive unless I am on "progressive" for scan type.
This keeps telling me I am BFF, also.
There has GOT to be an easy way to create a filtered and interlaced file, but god help me I cannot find the pathway.
good luck
Hybrid does not support interlaced output with FFvHuff.

Cu Selur
No matter what file type I place in, or what I choose to render/process out to, I get the same/similar message: 
Aborting: encoding is set to progressive output but the input is not progressive (bottom field first)!

Depending on the lossless file type it may read "top field first" but no matter it simply will not do as I think it should.
Probably operator error but I cannot get past this.

I just want to filter, come out interlaced, and make a DVD from that file. Seems a bridge too far for me.
If you want to filter, Hybrid needs to know that the source is interlaced, so no overwriting the scan type unless it doesn't properly reflect the source.
As output, try: FFV1 with FFV1->Main->Interlaced enabled.
I finally managed to get a file in FFV1 that "seems to be" interlaced, despite the progressive label from MedaInfo, but I do not like the quality.
Is there any possibility that an interlaced file TFF such as HuffYUV, or UT, might be available as filtered and interlaced 4:2:2 output?