This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] Unable to properly recognize language in MKV container
I'll think about it.
Since, undefined is not a message tag one normally sets.
I might modify Hybrid to:
a. select it for selection and skipping
b. make sure that when writing tags instead of 'und' an empty string is written.

Cu Selur
Send you a link (via pm) to a dev version for testing.

Cu Selur
Hello Selur,

In effect in MKV the language tag is: [und] -> Undeterminated

[Image: Tag-Und.jpg]

In MP4 the language tag can be absent, not necessary to specify [und] like MKV.

The last version is not fixing the problem. It is not possible to selected [Und] in Automation list (see picture)

[Image: Tag-List.jpg]

so if I add an mp4 with no language tag or an MKV with [ Undeterminated ] language tag, the audio is not included.

I think that the best option is to always include a subtitle or audio if the language tag is missing, blank or "Undeterminated"/"Unspecified".

Thanks,
Dan
Quote:I think that the best option is to always include a subtitle or audio if the language tag is missing, blank or "Undeterminated"/"Unspecified".
not happening.
I can look into adding non tagged streams if 'Undef (und - un)' is selected, but always including streams without tags will not happen.

Cu Selur
(10.01.2024, 18:40)Selur Wrote: I can look into adding non tagged streams if 'Undef (und - un)' is selected, but always including streams without tags will not happen.

The problem is that in mp4/avi containers the language tag can be unspecified, not available. The mkv is more robust and don't allows to don't specify the language tag and [und] is automatically added or enforced. So your management of  'Undef (und - un)'  should included all these situations. But in this case could be better to add an option in Automation to always included indeterminate language streams.
Send you a link to a dev version, which will treat empty language tags as 'und' during comparisons, thus when 'Undef (und - un)' is selected non-tagged and 'und' tagged streams should be selected. (did a quick test where it worked)

Cu Selur
The new dev. version is working as expected.

Thanks,
Dan