This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Picture Crop Side by Side
like I wrote before: I need a step-by-step of what you are doing
(07.12.2023, 19:12)Selur Wrote: like I wrote before: I need a step-by-step of what you are doing

Would it not be better to send you the profile i use with all settings ?

Let me know..

Anyway, as ussual..

a. i load the media file and just customize some settings at Crop/Resize→Base tab...
b. i use 1.picture crop 2. Resize & 3. letterbox to keep and maintain FHD resolution ..
C. as you may have noticed using the sharpen+denoise+color filters (vapoursynth) 
D. choose x264 as video code / Audio ignored (in this instance) 2-pass (no fast pass)
E. added and started job , and let it sudder for an hour or so ..  Big Grin

Again, if you want to know specific detailed settings, it would be faster to pm you the profile.. 
You should be able to reproduce this issue easier using my profile anyway too..

let me know.

Cheers,
TD
I need details regarding:
a. i load the media file and just customize some settings at Crop/Resize→Base tab...
b. i use 1.picture crop 2. Resize & 3. letterbox to keep and maintain FHD resolution ..
Like I wrote, the order of things is important.
(07.12.2023, 19:24)Selur Wrote: I need details regarding:
Like I wrote, the order of things is important.

I don"t think that will realy matter Selur, done that many times in the past.

Usually, 

a. Load Hybrid
B. load custom profile
c. load media file
d. adjust crop/filter setttings in this instance..

Hence why i suggested to send you my profile.

But i'll indulge you, and as soon hybrid is finished encoding (atm)  i'll wil load and use the media file using default settings.
that usually means:

A. loading hybrid
b. loading meda file
c. customize settings

Do you want me to mention in WHAT order i change WICH specific setting and WHAT the settings are ?

Just so we are on the same page.

cheers,
In case you did not create the profile with the Hybrid version you are using.
Load it, and save it, restart Hybrid and then try again.
If that does not change anything, send me the profile, and I'll try to adjust it manually to work with my system.

Have to go to bed in ~2hours and will not be at my computer until Sunday.

Cu Selur
(07.12.2023, 19:39)Selur Wrote: Have to go to bed in ~2hours and will not be at my computer until Sunday.

Cu Selur

OUCH.. that realy hurts Big Grin hahaha

@selur,

I think i have found the one setting that causes this!
Fyi, when i don't use that one setting, nothing gets cutted even though i have added the T,B,L,R vallues !

Furthermore, once i disable the setting, and pretty much go back to default settings. 
The added black borders stay vissible in preview filter window!

the setting iam refering to is, crop/resize → misc → Limit Resize to crop resolution ..

So, this issue should be easily reproduceable selur. 

These are the steps i took:

a. I have done an reset of all settings in hybrid and restarted hybrid
b. opened a media file
c. enabled the following crop settings : 1.picture crop 2. resize 3. letterbox
d. misc i enabled "limit resize to crop" 
e. changed picture crop vallue's to 30,30,30,30
f. letterbox vallues 1920x1080 WxH 
g. took an peak at preview window, black borders left & right this time.. in comparison mode and non-comparison mode aswell.

Changing everything back (manually = not by hybrid reset) didn't fixed anymore .. stuborn black border stay's and won't move an inch 

NOw, since i've reproduced this with the fresh and therefor default settings of latest hybrid, do you still need  the profile ?

cheers,
td
Using those settings I get:
# Imports
import vapoursynth as vs
# getting Vapoursynth core
import ctypes
import sys
import os
core = vs.core
# Import scripts folder
scriptPath = 'F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsscripts'
sys.path.insert(0, os.path.abspath(scriptPath))
# Loading Support Files
Dllref = ctypes.windll.LoadLibrary("F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/libfftw3f-3.dll")
# Loading Plugins
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/GrainFilter/RemoveGrain/RemoveGrainVS.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/GrainFilter/AddGrain/AddGrain.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/DFTTest/DFTTest.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/NEO_FFT3DFilter/neo-fft3d.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/EEDI3m_opencl.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/ResizeFilter/nnedi3/NNEDI3CL.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/libmvtools.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/scenechange.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/fmtconv.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/MiscFilter/MiscFilters/MiscFilters.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DeinterlaceFilter/Bwdif/Bwdif.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/SourceFilter/DGDecNV/DGDecodeNV.dll")
# Import scripts
import havsfunc
# source: 'G:\TestClips&Co\files\MPEG-4 H.264\00029_avc_1080p-ac3-2.mts'
# current color space: YUV420P8, bit depth: 8, resolution: 1920x1080, fps: 29.97, color matrix: 709, yuv luminance scale: limited, scanorder: top field first
# Loading G:\TestClips&Co\files\MPEG-4 H.264\00029_avc_1080p-ac3-2.mts using DGSource
clip = core.dgdecodenv.DGSource("J:/tmp/mts_c2e3ea38779670e12a8380059b94dc0a_853323747.dgi",fieldop=0)# 29.97 fps, scanorder: top field first
# Setting detected color matrix (709).
clip = core.std.SetFrameProps(clip, _Matrix=1)
# Setting color transfer info (709), when it is not set
clip = clip if not core.text.FrameProps(clip,'_Transfer') else core.std.SetFrameProps(clip, _Transfer=1)
# Setting color primaries info (), when it is not set
clip = clip if not core.text.FrameProps(clip,'_Primaries') else core.std.SetFrameProps(clip, _Primaries=1)
# Setting color range to TV (limited) range.
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=1)
# making sure frame rate is set to 29.97
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip=clip, fpsnum=30000, fpsden=1001)
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_FieldBased", intval=2) # tff
original = clip
# Deinterlacing using QTGMC
clip = havsfunc.QTGMC(Input=clip, Preset="Faster", TFF=True, opencl=True) # new fps: 59.94
# Making sure content is preceived as frame based
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_FieldBased", intval=0) # progressive
original = havsfunc.QTGMC(Input=original, Preset="Faster", TFF=True, opencl=True) # new fps: 59.94
original = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=original, prop="_FieldBased", intval=0) # progressive
clip = core.std.CropRel(clip=clip, left=30, right=30, top=30, bottom=30)# cropping to 1860x1020
original = core.std.CropRel(clip=original, left=30, right=30, top=30, bottom=30)# cropping to 1860x1020
# letterboxing 1860x1020 to 1920x1080
clip = core.std.AddBorders(clip=clip, left=30, right=30, top=30, bottom=30)
original = core.std.AddBorders(clip=original, left=30, right=30, top=30, bottom=30)
# adjusting output color from: YUV420P8 to YUV420P10 for x265Model
original = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=original, format=vs.YUV420P10, range_s="limited")
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV420P10, range_s="limited")
original = core.text.Text(clip=original,text="Original",scale=2,alignment=7)
clip = core.text.Text(clip=clip,text="Filtered",scale=2,alignment=7)
stacked = core.std.StackHorizontal([original,clip])
# set output frame rate to 59.94fps (progressive)
stacked = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip=stacked, fpsnum=60000, fpsden=1001)
# Output
stacked.set_output()
[Image: grafik.png]
Which is what I expected.

Source gets cropped to 1860x1020, resize does nothing since it's limited by "Limit Resize to crop resolution" and can only downscale, letterbox adds the borders back.

Cu Selur
(07.12.2023, 20:32)Selur Wrote: Using those settings I get:
# Imports
import vapoursynth as vs
# getting Vapoursynth core
import ctypes
import sys
import os
core = vs.core
# Import scripts folder
scriptPath = 'F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsscripts'
sys.path.insert(0, os.path.abspath(scriptPath))
# Loading Support Files
Dllref = ctypes.windll.LoadLibrary("F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/libfftw3f-3.dll")
# Loading Plugins
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/GrainFilter/RemoveGrain/RemoveGrainVS.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/GrainFilter/AddGrain/AddGrain.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/DFTTest/DFTTest.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DenoiseFilter/NEO_FFT3DFilter/neo-fft3d.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/EEDI3m_opencl.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/ResizeFilter/nnedi3/NNEDI3CL.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/libmvtools.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/scenechange.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/Support/fmtconv.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/MiscFilter/MiscFilters/MiscFilters.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/DeinterlaceFilter/Bwdif/Bwdif.dll")
core.std.LoadPlugin(path="F:/Hybrid/64bit/vsfilters/SourceFilter/DGDecNV/DGDecodeNV.dll")
# Import scripts
import havsfunc
# source: 'G:\TestClips&Co\files\MPEG-4 H.264\00029_avc_1080p-ac3-2.mts'
# current color space: YUV420P8, bit depth: 8, resolution: 1920x1080, fps: 29.97, color matrix: 709, yuv luminance scale: limited, scanorder: top field first
# Loading G:\TestClips&Co\files\MPEG-4 H.264\00029_avc_1080p-ac3-2.mts using DGSource
clip = core.dgdecodenv.DGSource("J:/tmp/mts_c2e3ea38779670e12a8380059b94dc0a_853323747.dgi",fieldop=0)# 29.97 fps, scanorder: top field first
# Setting detected color matrix (709).
clip = core.std.SetFrameProps(clip, _Matrix=1)
# Setting color transfer info (709), when it is not set
clip = clip if not core.text.FrameProps(clip,'_Transfer') else core.std.SetFrameProps(clip, _Transfer=1)
# Setting color primaries info (), when it is not set
clip = clip if not core.text.FrameProps(clip,'_Primaries') else core.std.SetFrameProps(clip, _Primaries=1)
# Setting color range to TV (limited) range.
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_ColorRange", intval=1)
# making sure frame rate is set to 29.97
clip = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip=clip, fpsnum=30000, fpsden=1001)
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_FieldBased", intval=2) # tff
original = clip
clip = havsfunc.QTGMC(Input=clip, Preset="Faster", TFF=True, opencl=True) # new fps: 59.94
clip = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=clip, prop="_FieldBased", intval=0) # progressive
original = havsfunc.QTGMC(Input=original, Preset="Faster", TFF=True, opencl=True) # new fps: 59.94
original = core.std.SetFrameProp(clip=original, prop="_FieldBased", intval=0) # progressive
clip = core.std.CropRel(clip=clip, left=30, right=30, top=30, bottom=30)# cropping to 1860x1020
original = core.std.CropRel(clip=original, left=30, right=30, top=30, bottom=30)# cropping to 1860x1020
clip = core.std.AddBorders(clip=clip, left=30, right=30, top=30, bottom=30)
original = core.std.AddBorders(clip=original, left=30, right=30, top=30, bottom=30)
original = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=original, format=vs.YUV420P10, range_s="limited")
clip = core.resize.Bicubic(clip=clip, format=vs.YUV420P10, range_s="limited")
original = core.text.Text(clip=original,text="Original",scale=2,alignment=7)
clip = core.text.Text(clip=clip,text="Filtered",scale=2,alignment=7)
stacked = core.std.StackHorizontal([original,clip])
# set output frame rate to 59.94fps (progressive)
stacked = core.std.AssumeFPS(clip=stacked, fpsnum=60000, fpsden=1001)
# Output
stacked.set_output()
[Image: grafik.png]
Which is what I expected.

Source gets cropped to 1860x1020, resize does nothing since it's limited by "Limit Resize to crop resolution" and can only downscale, letterbox adds the borders back.

Cu Selur

this is getting odd..

It seems iam wrong about the settings i have used!  
appearantly i didn't use the setting "Limit Resize by crop" in my saved profiles, YET i do have the same results and looks pretty much like your example up there whitout using Limit resize crop for certain media files (not all).

With other media files the filtered content is cut at bottom & top not left right, and only the original image has added black bars left & right.  Watching it side by side.
But here's the thing , everything shows correct in the filter preview when the original image and filtered image is stacked !

ONLY THEN, i clearly can see the cutted sides T,B,L & Right in the filtered image compared to the original!?-

But again, doesn't work with all media files wich are all FHD (1080p) content though ..  Dodgy
that having said, with certain 1080p media i can't seem to cut sideways, only the top and bottom ?! Or atleast, it doesn't show it in the filter preview !

I'll do some samples and check the results afterwards. Maybe for some reason, cut doesn't show up in the preview window for some strange reason... but may end in an good result anyway despite of that.

cheers,
Try closing and opening the crop view. If the preview or crop view is open while the crop values change too fast, updates (to the preview) may get dropped.
(08.12.2023, 04:26)Selur Wrote: Try closing and opening the crop view. If the preview or crop view is open while the crop values change too fast, updates (to the preview) may get dropped.

that's the odd part, crop view doesn't seem  to work.  It shows the original full picture ! 
Hence why i have to rely on the filter preview using specific settings...

Like i mentioned before, when stacked the filtered image looks just about right and identical to the output file.  But the odd part is, that the left and right part of the original picture is cutted as well and the small cut is replaced by an black thin border !  Top & bottom is kept normal, just like the original picture in comparison mode.

I tried to apply my method to all of my media files, but filter preview doesn't show me a Left & Right cropped preview of all the media files for some reason!
It's as if → Anamorphic Crop is applied to certain media files of mine  Dodgy ..  
Atleast from the looks of the output file it sure looks this way .. 

Might explain why left and right isn't cut off in filter preview with certain media..  Smile

EDIT: i noticed that the problem is the "original" picture representation in comparison mode! You have no real reference to the original picture, when borders are added instead of maintaining the original picture as is >_> !

cheers,
Td