This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Picture Crop Side by Side
Got a few ideas for it, will look at it on sunday. Might rewrite the whole cropView.

Cu Selur
(09.12.2023, 10:38)Selur Wrote: Got a few ideas for it, will look at it on sunday. Might rewrite the whole cropView.

Cu Selur

It's not an urgent matter, since output results looks exactly how i want it.  
But it would make the task easier if i could compare it side by side on an widescreen monitor in advance (much more space)  Wink

Much obliged for the effort Sir Selur  Wink .

cheers,
TD
Send you a link to a dev version via pm where I changed the cropView, give it a spin and let me know whether it works better.

Cu Selur
(10.12.2023, 09:34)Selur Wrote: Send you a link to a dev version via pm where I changed the cropView, give it a spin and let me know whether it works better.

Cu Selur

Just have installed and tried the new dev you pm"d me.

and iam happy you've added an guideline (grid) to crop preview window.

In the filter preview window i don't see the added and → distracting black borders in the original picture, but the original AND filtered image looks the same and both are cut/cropped (T & B only) when using compare view only Huh !

In compare view + crop view. you see the grid lines in the original picture wich i find excellent, very much like how adobe apps works  Wink .
But i would like to see the filtered image as the output result without → the added black borders L & R  Big Grin ! So that i can see the difference clearly (stretch !)

Anyway, much improvement i'd say..

Cheers,
TD
With CropView enabled:
a. only deinterlacing and cropping will be applied
b. using CropView on itself indicated the cropping through lines
c. using CropView with 'Compare view', on the 'original' side cropping will be indicated through lines and on the 'filtered' side the image will be cropped and padded, so both have the same resolution and can be stacked.
With CropView disabled:
a. all filters will be applied to the filter side
b. if you use 'Compare view', only those filters that need to be applied to keep 'Original' at the same resolution, frame rate, etc. as the 'Filtered' side will be applied to 'Original'.

Quote:But i would like to see the filtered image as the output result without → the added black borders L & R
Since then, the 'original' and 'filtered' view would have not the same resolution, this does not make any sense to me.
Something like:
[Image: grafik.png]
seens like a bad idea.

Cu Selur
(10.12.2023, 18:11)Selur Wrote: With CropView enabled:
a. only deinterlacing and cropping will be applied
b. using CropView on itself indicated the cropping through lines
c. using CropView with 'Compare view', on the 'original' side cropping will be indicated through lines and on the 'filtered' side the image will be cropped and padded, so both have the same resolution and can be stacked.
With CropView disabled:
a. all filters will be applied to the filter side
b. if you use 'Compare view', only those filters that need to be applied to keep 'Original' at the same resolution, frame rate, etc. as the 'Filtered' side will be applied to  'Original'.

Quote:But i would like to see the filtered image as the output result without → the added black borders L & R
Since then, the 'original' and 'filtered' view would have not the same resolution, this does not make any sense to me.
Something like:
[Image: grafik.png]
seens like a bad idea.

Cu Selur

I asume you are refering to the check box of → Crop view →ONLY← by  "whit crop view enabled".  
Unless you specifically reference Crop+compare.  

so...

a. only Top & Bottom is cropped (not padded) on a one picture view.
b. True, check=v
c. True = Cropped T/B , Padded L/R , and that's what i would like to see different but not in a way you might think off

Cropfield disabled: 
a. Plus+, crop T & B happends on 1 picture view (not L & R ,)  Dodgy
b. Same scenarie, except on both original + filtered  ( again not L & R)

Now ,what i mean by removing padding from the left and right side in the filtered picture is .. 
Instead i like to see how much the stretch is on the left & right side because of the T&B cropp you know..

Unless, there's a way to apply anamorphic cropped view somehow in hybrid.

Anamorphic content is usually created by special camera recording technique's to try and preserve the complete picture (no cuts).

cheers,
TD

Update...

Iam good selur...

It appears that i have to disable both Compare & crop to see the output results..

I wish there's a way to use anamorphic crop.. so that i still have the full picture squeezed on an smaller frame you know.
Not only that, but using anamorphic method the media content will morph the video to fit both on standard Tv and Wide screen TV nicely whitout losing image.

I have read it's possible throug certain software by applying filters and recoding the video.

cheers,
td
Sorry, but I don't get what you understand under 'anamorphic cropped' and what you would prefer that the CropView, the FilterView, the CompareView and CompareView + CropView should look like, compared to what they look now.

Hybrid allows to deal with anamorphic content (= content with a PAR other than 1:1) in the following ways:
a. you can either keep the par (default)
or
b. you can change the par. ('Crop/Resize->Base->Pixel Aspect Ratio (PAR)')

Hybrid does not support resizing to convert anamorphic to 1:1 content, then apply cropping and then resize back to get anamorphic content.
(I don't like this approach, due to the rounding issues you encounter due to the resizing (and usually the need to convert to RGB color spaces). I could probably write code for it, but I haven't had any use for it so far.)
Hybrid does resize the preview to adjust for the PAR setting.
So if you feed Hybrid a source which is for example:
640x352 with a 1:1 par, you could crop it to let's say 624x336 and tell Hybrid that the output should have a PAR of 12:11 (MP4 PAL 4:3).
So Hybrid would automatically:
a. enable resizing and change the output resolution to 624x368 (or 720x424 if you additionally told Hybrid that the output should have a width of 720).
b. flag the output with a 12:11 PAR so that the output is not distorted.

I had no problem converting and cropping anamorphic content so far.

Cu Selur
(10.12.2023, 19:06)Selur Wrote: Sorry, but I don't get what you understand under 'anamorphic cropped' and what you would prefer that the CropView, the FilterView, the CompareView and CompareView + CropView should look like, compared to what they look now.

Hybrid allows to deal with anamorphic content (= content with a PAR other than 1:1) in the following ways:
a. you can either keep the par  (default)
or
b. you can change the par. ('Crop/Resize->Base->Pixel Aspect Ratio (PAR)')

Hybrid does not support resizing to convert anamorphic to 1:1 content, then apply cropping and then resize back to get anamorphic content.
(I don't like this approach, due to the rounding issues you encounter due to the resizing (and usually the need to convert to RGB color spaces). I could probably write code for it, but I haven't had any use for it so far.)
Hybrid does resize the preview to adjust for the PAR setting.
So if you feed Hybrid a source which is for example:
640x352 with a 1:1 par, you could crop it to let's say 624x336 and tell Hybrid that the output should have a PAR of 12:11 (MP4 PAL 4:3).
So Hybrid would automatically:
a. enable resizing and change the output resolution to 624x368 (or 720x424 if you additionally told Hybrid that the output should have a width of 720).
b. flag the output with a 12:11 PAR so that the output is not distorted.

I had no problem converting and cropping anamorphic content so far.

Cu Selur

i get it, iam not refering to the source → anamorphic content.

what iam trying to do is, is to create anamorphic content .. i asume the need for → Anamorphic PAR ← !?

cheers,
If you want to create anamorphic content:
  • crop the black bars
  • enable "Crop/Resize->Pixel Aspect Ratio (PAR)->Convert output to PAR" set the PAR your output should have. (see: [INFO] About pixel aspect ratios,..
  • adjust the output width or height to whatever you need
  • in case you want a specific resolution: either use non-standard PARs (this can cause issues with hardware players and bad software players ) or use Letterbox to add back some black bars.

Cu Selur
(10.12.2023, 19:15)Selur Wrote: If you want to create anamorphic content:
  • crop the black bars
  • enable "Crop/Resize->Pixel Aspect Ratio (PAR)->Convert output to PAR" set the PAR your output should have. (see: [INFO] About pixel aspect ratios,..
  • adjust the output width or height to whatever you need
  • in case you want a specific resolution: either use non-standard PARs (this can cause issues with hardware players and bad software players ) or use Letterbox to add back some black bars.

Cu Selur

yep, thanks for the info.. 

I will DL and have l0_0K  Big Grin

cheers,