This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Chapter Selection → DVD
(19.01.2024, 22:38)Selur Wrote: Bitrate of the extracted raw streams should be identical.

That's exactly what i did, and AGAIN to be →SURE← .. And ding ding, the bitrate of both video tracks (source VS output) aren't the same Dodgy !

You still stick to um this ↓

(19.01.2024, 22:38)Selur Wrote:
Quote: Aside from going from one format to another, by either transcoding or encoding , there is always compression algorithms involved that determines the output quality , no ?
No, but transcoding does always involve a change in the format.

I get what you mean by that.. But..

When you use the terminology "transcode", the video source always is altered to some degree , is it not?

I mean, take CloneBD for example... Do you think that is an "Transcoder" Or "Encoder" and why  Idea  ?

Ta Ta..
TD
afaik CloneBD can either do a 1:1 copy while breaking encryption or convert the content, I don't know whether it can just remux the content.

Quote:That's exactly what i did, and AGAIN to be →SURE← .. And ding ding, the bitrate of both video tracks (source VS output) aren't the same Dodgy !
aside from headers (which shouldn't make much difference) that would surprise me.

Going to bed now, will look at it tomorrow, if you find a way to reproduce the problem and create a debug output, otherwise the whole thing is just a waste of my time.

Cu Selur
(19.01.2024, 23:15)Selur Wrote: afaik CloneBD  can either do a 1:1 copy while breaking encryption or convert the content, I don't know whether it can just remux the content.

HOld on now, clonebd isn't capable to break BD copy protections on its own if iam not mistaken...  

For that you need Anydvd in addition to break copy protection, is it not ?

(19.01.2024, 23:15)Selur Wrote: aside from headers (which shouldn't make much difference) that would surprise me.
Going to bed now, will look at it tomorrow, if you find a way to reproduce the problem and create a debug output, otherwise the whole thing is just a waste of my time.
Cu Selur

Don't sweat it...  Your beauty sleep takes precedence my Majesty .... The kingdom needs a well rested KING   Smile

A horse .. A Horse... my kingdom for a HORSIE (Shakespeare) ^^

Ta TAa.
TD (° ^°)

Update:

So, i did updated hybrid done the resaves, restart and last but not least reloaded the profile again.

Only the selected range chapters do encode properly now.   wHAT about that ehh ...
..  NOT ONLY THAT, but iam able to select and add all Titles from the dvd source without any "vapoursynth" error this time  Dodgy

Ofcourse, that's because i selected passthrough at base tab  Big Grin

Ta Ta
TD
Quote:So, i did updated hybrid done the resaves, restart and last but not least reloaded the profile again.

Only the selected range chapters do encode properly now. wHAT about that ehh ...
So Hybrid is behaving as expected.

Quote:Ofcourse, that's because i selected passthrough at base tab
No surprise there, like I wrote:
a.
Quote:Yes, neither Vapoursynth or Avisynth has anything that can supports proper DVD parsing
Using video passthrough, neither of those is used. Wink
b.
Quote:iirc both pgc demux and makemkv both can extract by title.
Hybrid probably can do it too.

Quote:HOld on now, clonebd isn't capable to break BD copy protections on its own if iam not mistaken...

No clue, I never had use for any of them. Since circumventing any copy protection is outlawed by German law, I can't really say much about it.
(no right for a private copy, even if you bought a DVD, Blu-ray,... here)

Cu Selur
(20.01.2024, 12:54)Selur Wrote:
Quote:So, i did updated hybrid done the resaves, restart and last but not least reloaded the profile again.

Only the selected range chapters do encode properly now.  wHAT about that ehh ...
So Hybrid is behaving as expected.

Hybrid sure has been a good lassie ... for now.. so far ..  Dodgy

Quote:Ofcourse, that's because i selected passthrough at base tab
No surprise there, like I wrote:
a.
Quote:Yes, neither Vapoursynth or Avisynth has anything that can supports proper DVD parsing
Using video passthrough, neither of those is used. Wink

I knew that already, naughty Duck wos just messing with ya LoL .. → "passthrough" hint hint..  (° ^°)

Quote:iirc both pgc demux and makemkv both can extract by title.
Hybrid probably can do it too.

Well, in a funny way hybrid already is capable of that and does the same thing MakeMKV do already ..  ? 
→ Passthrough mode .. Hint HInt  Big Grin

Quote:HOld on now, clonebd isn't capable to break BD copy protections on its own if iam not mistaken... 
No clue, I never had use for any of them. Since circumventing any copy protection is outlawed by German law, I can't really say much about it.
(no right for a private copy, even if you bought a DVD, Blu-ray,... here)
Cu Selur

Depends where you live in "unite-unite" Europe.

But in general, it's allowed to produce a copy from an genuine copy for → OWN USE ← .  Meaning , not to distribute or even SHARE with some one.. not even family..
But honestly , who cares  Wink

The matter of fact still remains...  Can an app/tool that in essence and ONLY remux a source from one format to another and be called a "transcoder" when (and if that holds truth) it doesn't compress/ alter the video track in any way during the process ?

Thats like calling TSmuxer an AV encoder !!

Unless, transcoder both means mux & Encode ofcourse.. Wich sure looks like it !?  Wich can't be said about "Encoders" ..  If you follow the underlying premises..
What iam saying is... even though it looks like it converts it from one format to another... can you realy 100% be sure it doesn't change anything about the video track quality wise..  how small that may be !

And i did extracted the mpeg track from the vob and from the new created mkv, and the bitrate is NOT A EXACT MATCH !
It deviates by a few hundred Kbits avg..

And every bit is so much needed to feed all those pixels  Tongue

Ta Ta
TD
Quote:Well, in a funny way hybrid already is capable of that and does the same thing MakeMKV do already .. ?
Nope, Hybrid can't circumvent any encryption and Hybrid packages the video stream different from MakeMKV.

Cu Selur
(20.01.2024, 17:14)Selur Wrote:
Quote:Well, in a funny way hybrid already is capable of that and does the same thing MakeMKV do already ..  ?
Nope, Hybrid can't circumvent any encryption and Hybrid packages the video stream different from MakeMKV.

Cu Selur

Ah.. but you see mY Royal Majesty Sir Selur...  
The source has been hacked already before i fed it to the Hybrid Dragon  Tongue

Mind u, we are talking about converting ONe format to another container (again) lOl .. Not decrypting / cracking .. ^^

You are talking about the CSS / AACS copy protection dont you ?  MakeMKV is capable to decrypt and remove Any protection of just any DVD  Dodgy

Ta Ta
TD
afaik know: yes
(20.01.2024, 22:11)Selur Wrote: afaik know: yes

And Bluray discs (4K) aswell ... AND FOR FREE .. jeez louise 0_0 .. 

That makes Slysoft / RedFox pretty much jobless then  Sleepy  .. isn't it..

fortunately for you Sir Selur are still One Of A Kind  ...  
No REST for the WICKED  Big Grin

ta TA
TD (°^ °)