This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Improving CodeFormer videos
(18.02.2024, 13:38)Selur Wrote: There isn't a (good) way unless your program is compiled for command line only or it does open a terminal (on Linux&Co this is Windows is not shown, on Windows it is).
(add "CONFIG += console" to the .pro file)
Usually this isn't really a problem, since writing to std::out from a gui, doesn't make much sense.
One point of having a gui is not to have to deal with std::out. Smile

Cu Selur

I was unable to get a console adding "CONFIG += console" even if this option should do what it is expected to do, i.e. shows a console.
I end up by adding a piece of console code in main.cpp.

The Qt console is just a "poor" version of "gui" application so I don't think that it is useful.
In the case you are curious to see what happen when is enabled the console I attached the new version.

The usage is the following

vsViewer --nogui|--silent [optional] --y4m [optional] --i [python script]  --enc [encoder path] --cmd [encode command]

where:

--nogui   : if present the encoding gui will not be visible (messages will be displyed on console)
--silent  : like "--nogui" but with no console
--y4m     : if present will be provided the y4m header
--i       : input vapoursynth script
--enc     : encoder program
--cmd     : encoder command

Examples:

1) Encoding with encoding Gui with y4m header (*)
vsViewer.exe --y4m --i "VideoScript.vpy"  --enc "x265.exe" --cmd "- --y4m  --crf 18 --preset fast --output-depth 10 -o \"{sd}\{sn}_x265_gui.hevc\""

2) Encoding with no-Gui and with y4m header (*)
vsViewer.exe --nogui --y4m --i "VideoScript.vpy"  --enc "x265.exe" --cmd "- --y4m  --crf 18 --preset fast --output-depth 10 -o \"{sd}\{sn}_x265_gui.hevc\""

(*) for script and encoder pass the full path not only the name as in this example

I hope that you like it. Smile

Dan
Sorry, I'm not adding that to vsviewer.