This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

ProPainter Vapoursynth filter
This is the log of Hybrid

Quote:-> skipped 'Intel® UHD Graphics 630' since it's no NVIDIA card
Detected NVIDIA PureVideo compatible cards: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
Detected vfwDecoders with 32bit:   VIDC.FFDS   VIDC.LAGS   VIDC.X264   VIDC.XVID   vidc.cvid   vidc.i420   vidc.iyuv   vidc.mrle   vidc.msvc   vidc.uyvy   vidc.yuy2   vidc.yvu9   vidc.yvyu
Detected vfw64BitDecoders:   VIDC.LAGS   VIDC.X264   VIDC.XVID   vidc.i420   vidc.iyuv   vidc.mrle   vidc.msvc   vidc.pDAD   vidc.uyvy   vidc.yuy2   vidc.yvu9   vidc.yvyu
   Avisynth+ is available,..
    DGDecNV available,..
   Vapoursynth is available,..
    DGDecNV available,..
    VSGAN available,..
    vsDPIR available,..
    vsRIFE (torch) available,..
    vsSwinIR available,..
    vsHINet available,..
    vsSCUNet available,..
    vsCodeFormer available,..
    vsGRLIR available,..
    vsDDColor available,..
    vsDeOldify available,..
    vsProPainter available,..
    VSMLRT available,..
    vsRIFE (mlrt) available,..
    vsDPIR (mlrt) available,..
    vsSAFA (mlrt) available,..
changing WindowStyle from 'windowsvista' to 'Fusion
changing WindowStyle from 'fusion' to 'Fusion
Current defaultOutputPath: is empty!
 -> Set it under Config->Path
Current defaultTempPath: is empty!
 -> Set it under Config->Path

vsProPainter is listed as available, but no code using it is generated when is selected as filter in Filtering->Vapoursynth->Other

Dan

As you can see I selected ProPainter

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2515]

But is not generated any code when I create the encoding job.

I attached the full log.

Dan

In this screenshot is shown the script generated when I check ProPainter.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2517]

ProPainter is not included in the generated script.

Dan

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You entered no Mask. => nothing to do.
ProPainter:
a. needs to be in the FilterOrder (Filtering->Vapoursynth->Misc->Filter Order/Queue)
b. it need to be enabled (Filtering->Vapoursynth->Other->ProPainter)
c. a Mask need to be set (Filtering->Vapoursynth->Other->ProPainter->Mask)
Since the Mask is essential and there is no default Mask or anything like that (same with for example, Other->AddLogog, Other->GLSL, Other->VSGAN) adding a not usable entry to the Script does not make sense.

Cu Selur
Updated the test download.
Hybrid now adds '# Not using ProPainter, since no Mask is set' to the script, if Mask isn't set.

Cu Selur

Ps.: To get a better feel for ProPainter (what it can do, what screws to turn and where are the limitations) I opened a thread over at videohelp hoping some folks will share some short clips with watermarks&co to remove.
Ok, now is working, yesterday I was too tired to do a decent test...

To me the implementation in Hybrid it's Ok.
I like the debug option for the mask region.

You should add an option to select a mask image or a mask clip.

In the case is selected a mask image is not more necessary to convert the image to clip, since RC4 the "mask region" is supported also on the single images.

On my PC using the single image instead of a video clip is a little faster: from 1.93fps to 1.99fps.

So there is not reason to add the conversion in clip mask.

Instead it is missing the possibility to add a mask clip. You should add it.

I added a couple of samples to use to test the clip mask.

I also attached the RC5 version. I performed only small changes: I updated the description of parameters because previously some of them were wrong.

If are not found bugs, this week-end I will release the version 1.0 in github.

Thanks,
Dan

Attached Files
.zip   vspropainter-1.0.0_RC5.zip (Size: 66,38 KB / Downloads: 14)
.zip   sample4.zip (Size: 671,07 KB / Downloads: 12)
.zip   sample3.zip (Size: 306,88 KB / Downloads: 13)
Will do some testing and report back.
Uploaded a new test version, which allows to either use an image or a video as mask. (also the image is now directly fed to ProPainter)

Quote:I updated the description of parameters because previously some of them were wrong
might have missed some,... Angel

Quote:If are not found bugs, this week-end I will release the version 1.0 in github.
Do that. (you could also release DeOldify 4.0.0)

Cu Selur
That is an interesting project, lets see what can be done with this clip

Attached Files
.zip   Joe Dassin, Julien Clerc, les Poppys… Ils chantent Noël 1977Clip.zip (Size: 4,46 MB / Downloads: 16)
(31.05.2024, 19:17)Selur Wrote:
Quote:I updated the description of parameters because previously some of them were wrong
might have missed some,...  Angel

main typos was on the description raft_iter

old:
Quote::param raft_iter:      Iterations for RAFT inference. Low values will decrease the inference
                               speed but could affect the output quality. Default: 20
new:
Quote::param raft_iter:      Iterations for RAFT inference. Low values will increase the inference
                            speed but could affect the output quality. Default: 20

Dan

(31.05.2024, 19:17)Selur Wrote: Uploaded a new test version, which allows to either use an image or a video as mask. (also the image is now directly fed to ProPainter)

The new version is Ok.

Comparing the torch package R65 with R68 I found the following (main) packages missing:

dlib                   19.24.1
dlib-bin               19.24.2
kornia                 0.7.0
onnxruntime-gpu        1.17.1
safetensors            0.3.1
scikit-image           0.22.0
scipy                  1.12.0
setuptools             67.7.2
vsgan                  1.6.4
vsgmfss_fortuna        1.0.0
vsrealesrgan           4.1.0

are you planning to add them ?

Dan
vsgan is in both, you probably mean vsfemasr.
Like mentioned here and over at https://github.com/HolyWu/vs-dpir/issues/41:
  • vsanimesr
  • vsfemasr
  • vsrealesrgan
  • vsgmfss-fortuna
  • vsbasicvsrpp
do either not work with Python 3.12 or would break some of the other installed filters by downgrading dependencies.
Sadly, I have no clue how to modify the projects themselves to be Python 3.12 compatible. HolyWu probably could modify the first four, but for example vsbasicvsrpp relies on openmim which from the looks of it does not work with anything newer than Python 3.11 atm.
=>
Do I want to add those filters: Yes
Will it happen in the near future: Unlikely
Do I think I can actively do something about it: I do not think so.

Cu Selur
Since python 3.12 is braking the compatibility of some filters (you don't have included dblib which is used by code former), why you don't  continue to use python 3.11 ?

Dan