This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

error helper 1
Thanks for the extra help
I sorted out the 2pass 1st pass-2nd pass thing.
The main issue is whenever I select a de-noise option

For example say I want to encode a file with
 filtering tab (3rd option in menu)
Sub menu Avisynth tab  } DeNoise option (6th option in sub menu and select/tick the 3rd option (mClean) de-noise, if this option is selected, I always get the helper 1 error.

If I uncheck mClean then everything works fine (it did 30 mins ago when I last used it.

I'm sure I use to use a different de-noise option in the previous version and never had any issues.

What is the best de-noise filter in the current version of Hybrid? What are the best settings?
There is no 'best denoiser' different denoisers work differently on different sources.
You still haven't answered whether the Avisynth Preview works or not. If the Preview does not work, neither will the encoding.
Since you are outputting YUV420 you can try, whether telling Hybrid to convert to the target color space at the beginning helps with your issues. ("Filtering->Avisynth->Misc->Source->Convert to target color space directly after the source filter" is the option to do this for Avisynth)
Maybe some one of the libraries used has a bug in its assembler routines, which are only triggered on systems,...

Cu Selur
(15.08.2024, 17:20)Selur Wrote: There is no 'best denoiser' different denoisers work differently on different sources.
You still haven't answered whether the Avisynth Preview works or not. If the Preview does not work, neither will the encoding.
Since you are outputting YUV420 you can try, whether telling Hybrid to convert to the target color space at the beginning helps with your issues. ("Filtering->Avisynth->Misc->Source->Convert to target color space directly after the source filter" is the option to do this for Avisynth)
Maybe some one of the libraries used has a bug in its assembler routines, which are only triggered on systems,...

Cu Selur

I've never tried the Avisynth preview.
My file is originally YUV 4:2:2
Lagrith YUV 4:2:2 8bit
hybrid only has 4:2:0 8bit option for conversation.
(That's highlighted by default and in the menu x264 settings menu) it can't be changed I don't think?

Hybrid works as long as I don't choose any of the
Denoise filters.

Do the denoise filters work at your end?

My settings are: input source Lagrith 4:2:2 file
Hybrid media info side panel
Scan type progressive(wrongly flagged)
4:2:2 tv 8bit
Size 720x576
Resize tab set to to 1920x1080 or 4k for YouTube clips.

Avisynth selected for de-interlacing.
QTGMC}ignore input scan type
changed to TFF(upper field first)

If using just these settings things work fine, if I add filters}DeNoise}Mclean then helper 1 error.

Can you check to see if you can successfully encode with any of the denoise plug ins selected?

I'm sure I've used a de-noise filter in a previous version and it worked just fine with the above settings. I just can't remember what one it was and what has changed in this version?
Quote:hybrid only has 4:2:0 8bit option for conversation.
(That's highlighted by default and in the menu x264 settings menu) it can't be changed I don't think?
H.264 'High' profile is 4:2:0 8bit, if you want to encode to other color spaces adjust the 'AVC Profile',...

Quote:Hybrid works as long as I don't choose any of the
Denoise filters.

Yes, got no issue with my sources and any of the Avisynth or Vapoursynth Denoisers.

Quote:I've never tried the Avisynth preview.
Rolleyes

Quote:Can you check to see if you can successfully encode with any of the denoise plug ins selected?
Works fine.

Since, you seem to ignore 90% of my suggestions, I can't help.
Only thing I can recommend at this point to use another program (maybe StaxRip), since I can't help if I get no proper feedback.
=> Do not expect any further suggestions from me.

Cu Selur
(16.08.2024, 12:37)Selur Wrote:
Quote:hybrid only has 4:2:0 8bit option for conversation.
H.264 'High' profile is 4:2:0 8bit, if you want to encode to other color spaces adjust the 'AVC Profile',...

Quote:Hybrid works as long as I don't choose any of the
Denoise filters.

Yes, got no issue with my sources and any of the Avisynth or Vapoursynth Denoisers.

Quote:I've never tried the Avisynth preview.
Rolleyes

Quote:Can you check to see if you can successfully encode with any of the denoise plug ins selected?
Works fine.

Since, you seem to ignore 90% of my suggestions, I can't help.
Only thing I can recommend at this point to use another program (maybe StaxRip), since I can't help if I get no proper feedback.
=> Do not expect any further suggestions from me.

Cu Selur
I like hybrid it's a great software and I'm use to it now.

2 other people have also opened threads with the same helper 1 error. It's not only me that's having the problem. I'm saying it works fine it only gets the helper error if I select the mClean filter , I will just not use the filter. I sent 2 debug files
Create a debug output where you enable mclean and open the Avisynth Preview.
Also use the latest dev version.
(16.08.2024, 20:12)Selur Wrote: Create a debug output where you enable mclean and open the Avisynth Preview.
Also use the latest dev version.

Will do tomorrow.
I tested it again yesterday
All fine without mClean.
mclean uses a lot of plugins:
  • RgTools.dll
  • aWarpSharpMT.dll
  • AutoAdjust.dll
  • mvtools2.dll
  • masktools2.dll
  • neo-f3kdb.dll
  • FFT3DFilter.dll
  • libfftw3f-3.dll
  • manyPlus.dll
only one that got updates in the 'near' past (in May) was mvtools2.dll
=> You can also try whether replacing mvtools2 with older version from https://github.com/pinterf/mvtools/releases helps.

Cu Selur
(18.08.2024, 20:16)Selur Wrote: mclean uses a lot of plugins:
  • RgTools.dll
  • aWarpSharpMT.dll
  • AutoAdjust.dll
  • mvtools2.dll
  • masktools2.dll
  • neo-f3kdb.dll
  • FFT3DFilter.dll
  • libfftw3f-3.dll
  • manyPlus.dll
only one that got updates in the 'near' past (in May) was mvtools2.dll
=> You can also try whether replacing mvtools2 with older version from https://github.com/pinterf/mvtools/releases helps.

Cu Selur

Thanks for the help 

done a quick 1 min clip encode today,  with Mclean on 

even end of report says 
Helper(1) finished with exitCode: -1313558101 and exitStatus: 1
Try the Avisynth Preview (assuming you use Avisynth), if that doesn't work encoding doesn't work either.
So no need to try reencoding unless the preview works.
Report files contain no, to me, useful information.
=> try the things I suggested before and now.