This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Avisynth setup under linux
At least to setup Avisynth manually on Linux isn't that easy.
Works with the Debian ppa last I checked just fine.

Cu Selur
Hybrid seems not to be able to handle just any type of file.
I have been testing with vob's taken from dvd's.
All play just fine on linux with VLC and I have no issue proceassing any of them with Avidemux
but Hybrid cannot handle some even if preprocessed to mkv by Makemkv. (direct dvd-rip)
I am talking here just about basic file input into Hybrid, no filters just conversion with x264.
Plan to try processing tomorrow with avisynth filters the known vob files that Hybric CAN handle
Selecting Top Right DVD input does not work.
Files on dvd can be seen but are greyed out and cannot be selected.
However, dvd files can be selected with no problem from file system shown in left panel.
Vob file input from hard drive is okay providing input is cleared first
(by selecting input and then cancelling the second screen) or Hybrid is re-started.

TIVTC causes crash no-matter irrespective of setting (forced or auto)
ivtx-filmdint however works
QTGMC cause crash
Tdeint causes crash
FPS speed change works
Lanczos resize is okay
hqdn3D denoise is okay

From this, it is obvious that there is something wrong with the avisynth setup but I do not know where ??
So everything Avisynth based doesn't work.
Does the Avisynth preview work?
About that SeparateFields script mentioned a couple of days ago,
well I changed paths in it and placed in the same wine directory where I had previously placed
a copy of the vob
 I then called:  wine avsViewer
and after it launched I clicked "OPEN" on the bottom bar and selected the path to SeparateFields.avs
Great !! I have a preview that I am able to step through.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Question is does the Avisynth preview in Hybrid work when you load the source? In case it does Not, create a DebugOutput level 9 of you loading the source and starting the Avisynth Preview.

Cu Selur
First, when launching avsViewer with wine from the terminal, I get a wine warning:
"skipping L "C:\\windows\\system32\\OLEAUT32.dll" because of wrong architecture.

I have placed a copy of oleaut32.dll taken from win7 sysWOW64 and placed it in the .wine\windows\syswow64
but the warning persists. However the segmentation error on Hybrid loading that I complained about previously
seems to have stopped.

Loading the SeparateFields.avs into Hybrid with no settings just Filter view activated
launches AvsViewer but there is no clip  just the message  inside the viewer:
"Preparing environment for /tmp/temp/PreviewAvisynthFile10_15_43_575.avs

Tried to point Hybrid to the vob in the .wine tree but this was not showing.
I had to right-click on the /root folder and set "show hidden files" before I was able to point Hybrid to the vob.
There was no difference after loading the viewer with same error.

Loading the same ntsc .vob that I was working with yesterday from a /tmp folder with avisynth filters
TIVTC(Avisynth, Avisynth Speed Change and Avisynth Denoiser dfttest, I am able to preview but only by selecting
the bottom filter. The top AVS FILTER crashes.

Loaded the vob set x264 + ac3audio with Avisynth TIVTC + FPS change and again crash.
The debug file is attached

A Question.

There has been mention of FFM2, and indeed the dll is included in avisynthExtension but my understanding
is that it is outdated. On my linux box I currently have FFMPEG-2,8,7 but it could be that I may need to
either recompile it or or upgrade the version ??

Example, I have libass on my system but that has not been enable in the FFMPEG version that I have so
some software will not compile because it spits out "missing libass etc ".
I just wonder if something like this is going on with Hybrid.

Frankly, I am reluctant to play around with FFMPEG because that is likely to cause problems
with Avidemux or Handbrake etc.

Related to the same question.

depends = framecounter      >> binary is in /usr/bin
depends = freetype2            >> freetype=2.6.3 is a base package. Cannot change to what RPM/Deb refer to freetype2
                                                  without mucking up X!!
depends = glib2                    >> system glib2-2.46.2
depends = openssl                >> system openssl-1.0.2h
depends = qt5-multimedia    >> system has qt-4.8.7 and added qt5-5.7.1 which already includes multimedia features
                                                  the rpm/deb type qt5-multimedia is actually what I do not know
Quote:There has been mention of FFM2, and indeed the dll is included in avisynthExtension but my understanding
is that it is outdated. On my linux box I currently have FFMPEG-2,8,7 but it could be that I may need to
either recompile it or or upgrade the version ??
FFMPEG != FFMS2 (https://github.com/FFMS/ffms2), the FFMS2 version Hybrid uses is the latest available.
Unless you really know what you are doing I would recommend to not try to cross compile it and replace the current version.

Quote:Loaded the vob set x264 + ac3audio with Avisynth TIVTC + FPS change and again crash.
The debug file is attached
Reread on how to create a debug output because the debug output you attached neither contains the analysis of the source nor you trying to use the avisynth preview.

Quote:First, when launching avsViewer with wine from the terminal, I get a wine warning:
"skipping L "C:\\windows\\system32\\OLEAUT32.dll" because of wrong architecture.
That happens on a 64bit Windows OS when you put a 32bit dll in a folder which is meant for 64bit dlls.

Cu Selur
Well I have upgraded to FFMPEG 3.4.2 and as you can see from the attached practically everything one would want is enabled.

Avidemux, Handbrake & MKVtoolnix work just fine.
Hybrid still fails to handle avisynth filters.
Regarding debug, I am guessing that there is not much output because it crashes fairly quickly.
Typically:
II make the settings, load the file, and start.
First mplayer runs > about 5 seconds
then aften runs > about 15 seconds
Then crash.