This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Avisynth setup under linux
I have already been through this.
In Hybrid, there are two small windows at the right bottom alongside which is a check box.
I understand the upper one to be the avisynth preview and this has never worked irrespective
of whether avisynth is explicitly selected under input configuration etc.

The bottom one works as a preview but not when any avisynth filters are selected.

At the moment I am recompiling wine to take it back to just 32bit but I am maintaining my existing multilib
setup which works just fine.
Wine32 has been reinstalled and the .wine tree is clean.
Hybrid would not accept going into system32 so I created a dummy syswow64 which has nothing in it other than the files from Avisynth Extension.

Hybrid does not complain and has found everything except the continuing issue around lsdvd,

Avisynth filters still cannot be used but otherwise Hybrid works fine.
A one word avs scriot stating " Version() "
via avsViewer called by wine gave the attached result
which is proof that the avisynth setup is working so
it remains to correct how the filters are being called.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

You know you can edit your posts, which is a nice way to keep things readable and not too lengthy when no one has replied to them so far.
Here are two questions, please answer all of them.
  1. What happens when you call the following call in a terminal?
    wine "/root/.wine/drive_c/windows/syswow64/avisynthPlugins/DGIndexNV.exe" -i "/tmp/convert/ntsc-1.VOB" -o "/tmp/11_34_49_4410.dgi" -h -e
  2. Does it Hybrid work when you disable "Filtering->Avisynth->Misc->Support DGDecNV" ? (GPU based stuff often relies that specific drivers are installed on the system, not sure how well wine handles that.

Cu Selur
Still getting segmentation fault on startup. sometimes have to retry a couple of times.

Answer to first question:
The command gave attached error, so placed copies of the two DLL into .wine/windows/system32 but still error.
Also tried instead into .wine/syswow64 and .wine/syswow64/avisynthPlugins but no deal.

For two, I first reset Config, then changed the Support DGDecNV setting and also set that a debug file was generated.
Only filter used was TIVTC but to no avail just crashed.
Tried again no success. Continued to encodeĀ  the vob to completion without any filtering.
Debug is attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The two dll being asked for are from win7 system32 and I gather they are from Nvidia.

I wanted to see if AVSPmod would work so I placed a copy of the installed folder from my win7 into
.wine/Program Files. Launch error cannot find avisynth.dll. No matter how it refuses to recognize
the avisynth.dll in the syswow64 folder even also if I make a copy into system32

It does work if both avisynth.dll and Devil.dll are in .wne/system32.

there is no difference with hybrid
Okay.
I accidentally added the DGDevNV-Stuff into the avisynthPlugins folder.
Please delete:
  • DGDecodeNV.dll
  • DGDecodeNVManual.html
  • DGIndexNV.exe
  • DGIndexNV.ini
  • DGIndexNVManual.html
from your avisynthPlugin folder. (fixed the avisynthExtension_180310.7z on the download page)

Quote:there is no difference with hybrid
Didn't expect any.
Do not copy 32bit dlls into the system32-folder on a 64bit Windows OS, that folder is for 64bit dlls on a 64bit Windows system.

Quote:For two, I first reset Config, then changed the Support DGDecNV setting and also set that a debug file was generated.
Only filter used was TIVTC but to no avail just crashed.

Problem is again the Indexing,..
(Please answer the following question.)
What happens if you call:
wine "/root/.wine/drive_c/windows/syswow64/avisynthPlugins/DGIndex.exe" -om 0 -i "/tmp/convert/ntsc-1.VOB" -o "/tmp/07_39_53_7110" -hide -exit
Normally this should create a file named '/tmp/07_39_53_7110.d2v', but in your case it seems like DGIndex cashes and the question is why.

Cu Selur
This command with DGIndexNV crashes like I said before, There is no file in generated in /tmp.

wine "/root/.wine/drive_c/windows/syswow64/avisynthPlugins/DGIndexNV.exe" -i "/tmp/convert/ntsc-1.VOB" -o "/tmp/11_34_49_4410.dgi" -h -e

However, using the same code but substituting DGIndex brings up its GUI.
Nothing in /tmp
-----------------------

This second line of code crashes with ERROR "Couldn't open input file in HDE mode Exiting"
There is nothing in /tmp

wine "/root/.wine/drive_c/windows/syswow64/avisynthPlugins/DGIndex.exe" -om 0 -i "/tmp/convert/ntsc-1.VOB" -o "/tmp/07_39_53_7110" -hide -exit

---------------------
Using just part of the code to call up DGIndex:

wine "/root/.wine/drive_c/windows/syswow64/avisynthPlugins/DGIndex.exe"

Then entered the required information as I would normally do under windows.

Produced .d2v + 2 ac3 tracks & 1 DTS track as usual
No clue why "Couldn't open input file in HDE mode Exiting" appears, best guess atm. is that some 32bit windows c++ runtime is missing,...
THE ATTACHED CODE DOES WORK
I also attach the log file generated.
To get a log, you have to edit the DGIndex.ini in avisynthPlugins and change the setting for log generation from 0 to 1