This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Many suggestions of improvement
Quote:Sometimes I start a job just to see the estimated bitrate and/or file size, and then remove it (and it can also concern failed jobs)
Is this something that you would change ?
No, to Hybrid this is the same as a job crash.
In which case, Hybrid does not delete stuff, so the user can decide what to do with it. Would be a share if you encoded 10days, the muxing crashed, and you would have to do the whole encoding again,...

Cu Selur
(26.09.2024, 15:34)Selur Wrote:
Quote:Sometimes I start a job just to see the estimated bitrate and/or file size, and then remove it (and it can also concern failed jobs)
Is this something that you would change ?
No, to Hybrid this is the same as a job crash.
In which case, Hybrid does not delete stuff, so the user can decide what to do with it. Would be a share if you encoded 10days, the muxing crashed, and you would have to do the whole encoding again,...

Cu Selur

Ah OK, so if Hybrid behave the same for manual job removal and crashes, I understand that it should be kept like that, I myself need to keep crashed jobs sometimes if I don't need the whole video. Thanks for your answer.
I need your help, I think I found a bug. I wondered why my encodings crashed.

When x264 preset is set on "superfast" on the encoding line, and you add p8x8 or b8x8 partitions, instead of adding the "--partitions" argument to add these values, Hybrid will stick these values with another arguments, randomly, just like that :

[Image: 2024-09-26-17-01-57-NVIDIA-Ge-Force-Overlay-DT.png]
Which make encoding crash, obviously.
Will look at it, when I'm back home
Disabling minimize command line und misc probably help
(26.09.2024, 17:33)Selur Wrote: Disabling minimize command line und misc probably help

You're right, it's a workaround, when I uncheck this box , the "--partitions" settings appear and p8x8,b8x8 are next to it.
I hope it'll be easily fixable then.
Uploaded a new dev, which should fix it and hopefully not break other stuff. Big Grin
(worst case command line is not minimized as good as it could)

Cu Selur
(26.09.2024, 18:30)Selur Wrote: Uploaded a new dev, which should fix it and hopefully not break other stuff. Big Grin
(worst case command line is not minimized as good as it could)

Cu Selur

Yes, it works thx !   Smile

Also, I have a question about keyint and keyint min settings.

Now that Hybrid is my main encoder, I noticed that it doesn't adapt these two settings with source framerate, unlike several other softwares that are framerate-based by default (Handbrake, Xmedia recode, MeGUI... The latter having two options for GOP : "Frame-based" and "Fixed")

Would it be possible to have a "Frame-based" option for Hybrid as well, to avoid having to think about it with every encoding, and for every source ?
Why? For what encoder? By what rules?
(no clue, why one would change the min key-int value)
Also note that changing the max gop size, has impact on other settings. (lookahead, level&profile compatibility,...)

Cu Selur
(27.09.2024, 04:17)Selur Wrote: Why? For what encoder? By what rules?
(no clue, why one would change the min key-int value)
Also note that changing the max gop size, has impact on other settings. (lookahead, level&profile compatibility,...)

Cu Selur

- Higher keyint would be slightly better compression for videos above 25fps, and lower keyint would be better for seeking for videos below 25fps. Also the max lenght of GOP would be the same (~10 seconds) 
- For x264 (and x265?)
- The FPS * 10 formula that is generally recommended and used
(for min keyint I don't know, in t he recommended formula it's FPS * 1)