This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] Progress stuck while using avs2yuv
Hello, I'm using Hybrid 2018.04.08.1 on a Windows 10 64-bit PC.
This happens every time I try to re-encode something from a 10-bit x264 source to 10-bit x265.
While encoding from an 8-bit x264 source, Hybrid uses ffmpeg.exe and x265.exe and the encode completes normally.
But while encoding from a 10-bit source, Hybrid uses avs2yuv.exe instead of ffmpeg.exe.
And every time, the progress bar abruptly halts at some random percentage (eg. 13.6% or 45.5% or something) and doesn't progress any further. It gets stuck there with the job detail still saying "started" and no error message. It doesn't progress any further even if I leave it untouched overnight. There is no error message.
This used to happen with every 10-bit x264 source file on my own system. But now I'm using Hybrid on an RDP server (Windows Server 64-bit), and the same problem occurs there too. It abruptly gets stuck and doesn't progress anymore.
What could be causing the problem?
Can you please suggest some fix?
If you enable DebugOutput Level 9, does the DebugOutput file grow?
Would need a debug output level 9 of the job creation and processing to see the avisynth script used and other details,..
-> read sticky
The processing started at 02:21:36 and at about 02:40, it got stuck at 18.70% and hasn't moved for the last 15-20 minutes. Process priority was above normal and it was using 100% of the CPU with no other tasks running in the background. Debug file wasn't growing when the job was stuck.

After 40 minutes, I got tired of waiting any more and paused the job.
Then I resumed it, but the progress bar isn't showing anything anymore.
No other changes after that, in Hybrid or in the debug file.

However, avs2yuv.exe is still using up 25% of the CPU while everything is stuck.
But x265.exe is using 0% CPU.
I don't understand if the problem is with avs2yuv or x265, because while encoding from an 8-bit source using FFMS2, FFVideoSource, ffmpeg.exe and x265.exe, everything works fine and the encodes complete normally.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Hybrid calls:
"C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\avs2yuv.exe"  "C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\Dragon Pilot\encodingTempSynthSkript_02_21_36_7710.avs" -csp I444 -o - | "C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\64bit\x265.exe" --preset slow --input - --output-depth 10 --y4m --profile main444-10 --crf 23.50 --qpfile "C:\Users\ADMINI~1\DOWNLO~1\DRAGON~1\[Hybrid][Asenshi] Hisone to Masotan - 01v2 [1D196CCD]_02_21_36_7710_07.qp" --aq-mode 3 --aq-strength 0.80 --range limited --colormatrix bt709 --output "C:\Users\ADMINI~1\DOWNLO~1\DRAGON~1\02_21_36_7710_08.265"
which in itself looks fine to me.

Avisynth script that is used is:
SetMemoryMax(1536)
SetMTMode(5,8) # changing MT mode
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\LSMASHSource.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\Deen1b1.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\flash3kyuu_deband.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\masktools2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\VariableBlur.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\warpsharp.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\RgTools.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\MosquitoNR.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\Deen.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\aWarpSharp.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\SangNom2.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\fturn-26.dll")
Import("C:\Program Files\Hybrid\32bit\avisynthPlugins\LimitedSharpenFasterMod.avs")
Import("C:\Program Files\Hybrid\32bit\avisynthPlugins\EdgeCleaner.avs")
Import("C:\Program Files\Hybrid\32bit\avisynthPlugins\EdgeSmoothFast.avs")
# loading source: C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\Dragon Pilot\[Asenshi] Hisone to Masotan - 01v2 [1D196CCD].mkv
#  input luminance scale tv
LWLibavVideoSource("C:\Users\Administrator\Downloads\Dragon Pilot\[Asenshi] Hisone to Masotan - 01v2 [1D196CCD].mkv",cache=false,stacked=true,format="YUV444P16",repeat=true)
# current resolution: 1280x720
# color modifications
SetMTMode(2) # changing MT mode
Levels(0,0.98,255,0,255)
# Dithering from 16 to 8bit for DeenNew
f3kdb_dither(stacked=true,input_depth=16)
# current luminance scale is TV-scale
# assuming clip to be Rec709
# selecting Rec709 as matrix
ConvertToYV12(interlaced=false, matrix="Rec709")
a = last
g_mask = mt_lut("x 128 >= 255 x 16 <= 0 x 16 - 255 * 112 / ? ?").mt_invert()
filtering = Deen1b1_Deen(mode="a2d",borderfix=true)
mt_merge(a, filtering, g_mask)
# sharpening
LSFmod()
# deringing
MosquitoNR(strength=30)
EdgeCleaner(hot=true)
# anti-aliasing
EdgeSmoothFast(strength=60,hiQ=true,twoway=true)

# CUSTOM SCRIPT PART - position: line darkening - START
function linedarkeningCustom(clip clp) {
 last=clp
 LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\Hybrid\32bit\avisynthPlugins\Msmooth.dll")
 LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\Hybrid\32bit\avisynthPlugins\MSharpen.dll")
 LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\Hybrid\32bit\avisynthPlugins\RgTools.dll")
 LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\Hybrid\32bit\avisynthPlugins\gradfun2db.dll")
 LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\Hybrid\32bit\avisynthPlugins\FluxSmooth.dll")
LoadPlugin("C:\PROGRA~1\Hybrid\32bit\AVISYN~1\gradfun2db.dll")
 #Msmooth(threshold=3,strength=2,chroma=true,mask=false)
 MSharpen(threshold=17,strength=20,mask=false)
}
# CUSTOM SCRIPT PART - position: linedarkening - START

linedarkeningCustom() #loading custom script content
# debanding
GradFun2db(thr=1.5)
ConvertToRGB32(matrix="Rec709")
distributor()
return last
-> Does the Avisynth preview work as it should?
Seeing that you use a custom addition, does the getting stuck part also happen when you don't use the custom addition?
(No clue how MSharpen works with AvisynthMT in Mode 2.)

What happens when you call the above call in a Windows command prompt?

Cu Selur

Ps.: As a side note, be aware that you convert your 10bit 4:4:4 source to 8bit 4:2:0 and then back to 4:4:4, so there isn't any gain from using 4:4:4 as input.
Thanks for replying back. The issue resolved by itself. I did nothing. It still crashes but randomly (not specific to any source/filter) and rarely. Something with the avs2yuv being kinda unstable I guess.

But I had one more query, how to set the process priority of all the job started to above normal by default.
For example, if CPU is being 100% used by some other program but I want Hybrid's jobs to get more CPU power.
But Hybrid always starts jobs by default in idle (low) priority. I have to manually change the priority to every job individually once it starts to make it above normal.
If I encode 26 episodes, change the first episode to above normal and go away for 2 hours, it's done fast but the 2nd episode is running in idle priority again. I have to manually change it to normal/above normal again.
Is there any setting to start all Hybrid jobs in normal/above normal priority by default so that they'll get maximum CPU power even if there are other heavy programs running?
Nope, Hybrid doesn't have an option, but I'll wrote some code to support this in a dev build I'll send you a link to it with some instructions,..

Cu Selur
Hello, I just updated Hybrid to the most recent version 2018.06.23.1.
And now avsViewer is not working. I'm getting an error saying:

[Image: 30805655375b91f405f4c5a2dab4851a.png]

I tried re-installing Hybrid too, but the error persists.
Can you please recommend what to do next? I'm not an expert at all this, so sorry to bother you again and again...
extracting: https://forum.selur.net/attachment.php?aid=418
into your 'Hybrid\32bit\platforms'-folder should fix that.