This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

[BUG] Resize Keeps Changing on its own when Starting a Batch Queue, Please fix this.
You might want to read up on what vs_temporalfix is meant to do.
Feeding content through vs_temporalfix and then into VSGAN makes no sense.
If you apply anime or cartoon content and the output is temporally unstable (see image over at https://github.com/pifroggi/vs_temporalfix), then you can apply vs_temporalfix which tries to stabilize the content.

Cu Selur
(23.09.2024, 15:39)Selur Wrote: You might want to read up on what vs_temporalfix is meant to do.
Feeding content through vs_temporalfix  and then into VSGAN makes no sense.
If you apply anime or cartoon content and the output is temporally unstable (see image over at https://github.com/pifroggi/vs_temporalfix), then you can apply vs_temporalfix which tries to stabilize the content.

Cu Selur
I understand its a stablilizator but it does way more than that from my test . Reason i am trying it on VSGAN is because at first i tried it with upscale which resulted in great results but the FPS tanks ALOT. So i just turned off everything else in VSGAN and only left the temporal fix to see the results which was impresssive, i dont have any other Vaporsynth setup only using Hybrid and VSGAN. So now instead of using VSGAN i would want to use Hybrd to do it, to skip a whole another rencode. Thing is i dont get the same results in Hybrid. Doing the comparison in VSynth there is no diference between on and off. Those Jagged edges also move which get fixed. You can see it in the third picture how clean it is.
Share a link to a small sample of your source and I can look at it (maybe tomorrow, but more likely the days after tomorrow) and suggest something how to process the source with Hybrid.
Posting small parts of images, that got upscaled by X is not saying anything.
Also note that this would just be my take on it, if you need suggestions of filtering stuff https://forum.videohelp.com might be a better place.

Cu Selur
(23.09.2024, 20:04)Selur Wrote: Share a link to a small sample of your source and I can look at it (maybe tomorrow, but more likely the days after tomorrow) and suggest something how to process the source with Hybrid.
Also note that this would just be my take on it, if you need suggestions of filtering stuff https://forum.videohelp.com might be a better place.

Cu Selur

It is fine dont wanna be a bother, I might just have to rencode some stuff that are bad. Ill figure it out. Thanks 👍
(23.09.2024, 14:45)PirateLife1001 Wrote: [Image: GlaihrU.png]

[Image: a6n8TFb.png]

[Image: tM1EfT8.png]

Big Grin  Even in these frames it is clear that the pixels that change/move are not there and therefore their codec incorrectly analyzes and transmits fake data to the filter.
Yes, VSGAN denoises a lot.
Yes, lossy compression is lossy.
Yes, those Images, hold no information for me.
Huh
Cu Selur
@Selur

don't waste your time on this experienced troll => PirateLife1001
(23.09.2024, 20:04)Selur Wrote: Share a link to a small sample of your source and I can look at it (maybe tomorrow, but more likely the days after tomorrow) and suggest something how to process the source with Hybrid.

Cu Selur

Hello, I have a question if u dont mind didnt want to open a whole new thread. Whenever i start the Job Process the encode starts at 100% CPU then slowly drops to 30%, is there a reason for this ? GPU is not used so no bottle necks there and its on nvme.

[Image: i3f6rbA.png]
What encoder and settings are you using?
Do you do any filtering? (what filtering?)
What is the resolution of your input?
if your system has efficiency cores, disabling them might speed things up. (iirc. there were some discussions about that over at doom9s)
(11.10.2024, 13:55)Selur Wrote: What encoder and settings are you using?
Do you do any filtering? (what filtering?)
What is the resolution of your input?
if your system has efficiency cores, disabling them might speed things up. (iirc. there were some discussions about that over at doom9s)

I am using x265 Lossless UltraFast Deinterlace Telecine TIVTC on QTGMC Slower, Deblock STPresso, Denoise KNLMeans, Artifact Despot, HQDering, Rainbowsmooth, CAS Sharpen. FastLineDarken, FilterInterlanceHandeling on Slower. Resized to 852x480 Square Pixel.

What do you mean by effficiency cored ? i have i9 9900k not sure if it has that. Input resolution is 720x480